JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I would like to say that quite often Wilson needs his bumm cleaned because he doesn't pinch off that last piece of poo, and then yes, his back end stinks. Maybe your friend smelled the wrong end? Sorry couldn't resist. :laugh:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:ROFL: [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - I think that is the only time Frank stinks too!

Seriously though, I know that of all the dogs I have known, Frank has the least "doggy" smell of them all.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
eh! when you love them a lot you don't even notice any stink. lol

seriously though they don't stink just keep'em clean.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I love the smell of Otis, his face has this distinct smell and I was actually thinking about this last night how much I :heart: it!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have a friend who has a bulldog, Elmer, and he does stink. His coat feels very oily too. He's on crappy dog food and I don't think he gets baths regularly. I've tried to tell her what a difference the dog food will make with him, but she's a single mother of two teenage boys and she also has a neopolitan mastiff so she has to buy the biggest bag of dog food for the most money she can. Oh, well, I've tried.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank eats raw and has no funk about him whatsoever. When he used to eat kibble though he would get a little stinky after a few weeks...nothing extreme though. I'm sure a bully that didn't get the wrinkle cleanings and whatnot could get a bit smelly though? Perhaps that's what the person had come into contact with and was referring to?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Tyson does stink but my previous bully didn't at all! He slept in my bed on my pillow so no way would I have allowed it if he did. Tyson stinks due to poor dental care and I won't have his teeth cleaned because he is so old. We just love him anyway

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Every bulldog I own prior to now stunk like corn chips horribly. But I was feeding them iams, before I knew the benefits of a quality dog food. Not to mention the fish face from the nasty tear stains, bacteria and yeast. Finding the right food, using a good shampoo and wrinkle cleaner makes all the difference in the world!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Every bulldog I own prior to now stunk like corn chips horribly. But I was feeding them iams, before I knew the benefits of a quality dog food. Not to mention the fish face from the nasty tear stains, bacteria and yeast. Finding the right food, using a good shampoo and wrinkle cleaner makes all the difference in the world!

Which wrinkle cleaner would you recommend?

I think he just had a bad experience with a couple they used to run around with. I recall my daughter saying she didn't keep her house clean, so it wouldn't be a far reach to think she didn't keep the dog clean either. They were also a young couple, probably couldn't afford a good dog food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wrinkle cleaner I use is Malacetic otic (for ears too) but I also use malecetic ultra if they get really bad. Shampoo I use is phamaseb, it is antibacterial and antifungal, keeps them smelling fresh and bathed for weeks.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
All dogs stink.. but then again.. human kids stink too.. A good parent makes sure both are clean :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby stunk when she had mange.
Then she REALLY stunk when we started her on those raw patties.
Now she smells like sunshine :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.