Sunscreen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can be of no help because it's so hot here that we don't let our bullys out at all except to pee and poop.

However, everytime I see this thread I get this in my head ........... :shout:

http://youtu.be/I5NAPZp2w-o

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - I just bought Water Babies foam and it seems to work well. I don't see Zinc even listed as an ingredient. I read about Epi-Pet also but a friend told me she felt it didn't work well. Weird, right? :)
Good to know!

They say it's good for horses too. Wow. How many bottles would you need to cover a horse with sunscreen? I think I'd just go ahead and put him in the barn on super sunny days....ha ha It would take you all day and a step ladder to get him/her lubed up with the stuff.

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Good to know!

They say it's good for horses too. Wow. How many bottles would you need to cover a horse with sunscreen? I think I'd just go ahead and put him in the barn on super sunny days....ha ha It would take you all day and a step ladder to get him/her lubed up with the stuff.
That would be one slippery horse. Haha! On a side note - as much as I LOVE the scent of Water Babies, Oliver has taken to rolling all over the place (indoors and outdoors) when I first put it on. VERY dramatic. Haha!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
BS or not?? Last year I put water babies on the boys but they would lick each other's head. I found EPI Sunscreen but there were issues about zinc or something. It was rated poor. Then I found Organic Doggie Sunscreen
1/2 cup of 100% pure organic aloe gel
20 drops pure raspberry seed oil
5 tbsp Coconut Oil in the thick form
3 capsules of Vitamin E break open capsules
5 drops Lavender oil
has anyone tried any homemade sunscreen? What do you guys think?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I've never tried any sunscreen but it's interesting to think about, we have a lot of shade in our yard and they will lay in the sunny spots only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.