Moving question

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
We close on our new house July 23rd. Have any of you moved while owning your bully babies? Did they adjust ok? Beefy barks at things being out of place in our house and I kinda wonder if he'll be going nuts when we move.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We have moved and it was an adjustment for Brutus! He is the same and barks at everything either out of place or he just doesnt like it lol Im sure things will go okay he will get used it...Get lots of new toys :)

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We just recently moved two months ago! We took Winston over as much as we could during the moving process because we did not have to be out of our apartment right away. It took him a little bit of time to get used to going outside without a leash lol! He actually adjusted a lot better then I thought he would, I think I was more nervous about it then he was. I have to say though his crate was a lifesaver!! It took him a while to get used to the house and get to know his way around, in fact he was scared of the basement for a while, but anytime he got scared he just went and laid in his crate (his safe place). Just get them used to it all as slowly as possible and they will surprise you with how quick they adjust! :) Congrats on the house and good luck with the move!! :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, we moved three times with Frank. Each time, he would get really nervous with packing, then would take about a week or two to adjust to the new place (ie he wouldn't sleep, there would be accidents, etc.), be nervous about unpacking, then settle in just fine once his smell was on everything and he knew that my husband and I weren't going anywhere. We just made sure to spread his stuff all around the new place once we were in it and after a little adjustment period, he was fine each time. Good luck!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We just recently moved and they did fine. we put their crates in their room and they went in there just fine. They didn't like the wood flooring very much because they are used to tile. Lucy and BeBe would stay in their room a lot at first but now they are coming out and staying with us in the family room. Jewel, Buddy, Blondie, and Missy had no problem and seemed to like the new places to explore.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
We just recently moved and they did fine. we put their crates in their room and they went in there just fine. They didn't like the wood flooring very much because they are used to tile. Lucy and BeBe would stay in their room a lot at first but now they are coming out and staying with us in the family room. Jewel, Buddy, Blondie, and Missy had no problem and seemed to like the new places to explore.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], after having seen the pictures of your beautiful new house, I would have no trouble adjusting to my new surroundings if you ever want to let me move in with you, just sayin' :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks, plus @Kim Sebastian n Oliver you know what they say, the more the merrier. :ROFL:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I moved twice since March with my two boys, first to my brother's after selling my condo, and then finally to our new house.. They did pretty well both times. Maybe the first couple days at your new house you can spend extra time w/Beefy and help him get acquainted w/his new home. I remember taking a few days off from work so that Tate and Finn weren't wandering around by themselves.
Also, if the new house isn't too far, you can take him for a walk in your new neighborhood well before your move in.

good luck with the move!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I moved twice since March with my two boys, first to my brother's after selling my condo, and then finally to our new house.. They did pretty well both times. Maybe the first couple days at your new house you can spend extra time w/Beefy and help him get acquainted w/his new home. I remember taking a few days off from work so that Tate and Finn weren't wandering around by themselves.
Also, if the new house isn't too far, you can take him for a walk in your new neighborhood well before your move in.

good luck with the move!

And if you get some of those flashy bully walking pants like Henny has...your new neighbors won't be afraid at all..:eek: just sayin'. :laugh:

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
The house were are buying is 3 hours away. I thought about the walk around the neighborhood idea but it's 106 degrees outside. He gets to go pee and then it's back in the house for him. He has been pretty upset with all of the boxes starting to pile up. "Ahhh, new box! It's going to eat me" kind of situation. We have hardwood floors right now, new house has carpet, this should be interesting.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The house were are buying is 3 hours away. I thought about the walk around the neighborhood idea but it's 106 degrees outside. He gets to go pee and then it's back in the house for him. He has been pretty upset with all of the boxes starting to pile up. "Ahhh, new box! It's going to eat me" kind of situation. We have hardwood floors right now, new house has carpet, this should be interesting.

i remember when I had stacks of boxes all over the place and the boys were just wondering, "what's up with this?!" Then, I gave away the beds and we three slept on the floor for a few days til moving to my bro's. It was all screwy for all of us for awhile. Maybe Beefy senses the stress and excitement coming from you re. the move? You may just want to give him extra attention and belly rubs to ease his anxiety :)

AND, @jen74401, you got superb taste in clothes!! you will be the hit of your new neighborhood if you wore doggy dingle ball pants too!! I know I get a LOTS and LOTS of envious stares in my neighborhood whenever I wear mine. I'm pretty sure i'm starting a fashion trend here in Pasadena. I think the trend will eventually get to the town @JAKEISGREAT lives in...we're pretty close by!:tease:

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i remember when I had stacks of boxes all over the place and the boys were just wondering, "what's up with this?!" Then, I gave away the beds and we three slept on the floor for a few days til moving to my bro's. It was all screwy for all of us for awhile. Maybe Beefy senses the stress and excitement coming from you re. the move? You may just want to give him extra attention and belly rubs to ease his anxiety :)

AND, @jen74401, you got superb taste in clothes!! you will be the hit of your new neighborhood if you wore doggy dingle ball pants too!! I know I get a LOTS and LOTS of envious stares in my neighborhood whenever I wear mine. I'm pretty sure i'm starting a fashion trend here in Pasadena. I think the trend will eventually get to the town @JAKEISGREAT lives in...we're pretty close by!:tease:

:faint:

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy

Gf, I will wear my doggy dingle ball pants proudly with my ,,,,,, Neuticles!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online