What about our wood floors?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have the original wood flooring in the kitchen and it's scratched to hell .. .but not from our dogs, but from the fact that it's been there since 1852!! The great room is an addition that was put on in 70s and there are no scratches at all on that floor. We have carpeting through the rest of the downstairs and I have to say I totally hate it!! I spend more time using the carpet cleaner to get rid of the doggy smell than anything. I usually wash the carpets about once a month!! :cursing:

One thing I should say though .......... if you do end up having scratched floors from your new bully, your love for the bully makes it all pale into insignificance!!! I used to think that dog slobber was something from hell, until we got our first bully Maggie. Now I don't seem to mind it one bit!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we had laminate at the house... 7 yrs and not a scratch. We will have hardwood at the new house and I'm not real concerned about it.... it is oak so it is a tough wood

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
We have laminate floors, no problems with scratches. Your dog will be scurry for awhile, just because it is different. The way I got Emma used to the floor, is to put her on her leash, keep her close to me, and walk around on the floor slowly. She got used to it, but every now and then she scurries a little, but no scratches or damage to the floor.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.