What about our wood floors?

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I must admit I'm concerned that a dog this big will scratch our wood floors. My husband keeps saying he won't. Surely some of you have wood floors...how do they hold up?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have laminate wood floors, no problems here :). Plus the scooby doo running in place is funny!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have an older house, so our wood floors are real oak. No issues at all. I have re-done the first floor and most of the second and they are holding up exceptionally well. The 1st floor was done over 10 years ago and now 3 dogs later, they are fine.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well...we actually have laminate over real wood. We had a big Rottie that was destroying our floors and she was not that wild! Sooo we decided to go laminate (which I love) and now that Jake is here..I'm very thankful we did! He spends a lot of time running in place! Both my daughters have hardwood..one has zero problems with her huge Golden hurting her floors..but my other daughter has floors that show every little scratch....:cursing:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We have hardwood and it is not damaged from her at all. It actually has damaged spots from my skin kids. With the newer hardwood floors the color is actually baked in. What's a scratch here or there compared to years of love and bully kisses?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wood floors at my old house too. Some of the floors in the bedrooms are pretty banged up, scratched up already from previous owners and i'll probably keep it that way so i won't feel so bad if Tate and Finn add to the "look" of it! all those scratches add some character to the decor! :yes:

Oh, i also keep a supply of like-colored crayons on hand for those times i want to camflouge the scratch marks...not bad!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I have real wood floors and no scratches so far!! :) Their nails are so thick I would not think they would scratch the floor....unless they are digging of course! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have hard wood floors also and no problem yet. Plus it is funny watching hem run in place. :ROFL:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We just installed maple hardwood last weekend, and it really is holding up nicely. No scratches yet, nothing to colour anyways. I've heard maple's a little softer than oak, so there are some minor 'scratch grooves'. Plus it's a semi-dark cherry colour, making everything more obvious ... especially white fur! :cursing: :D

BoneHat

Jan 2, 2012
Los Angeles (Glendale)
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
We have hardwood floors and we do have surface scratches but only because we play with our bully everywhere in the house and she runs & jumps around causing the scratches. They don't happen just from her walking around.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
We have hardwood and it is not damaged from her at all. It actually has damaged spots from my skin kids. With the newer hardwood floors the color is actually baked in. What's a scratch here or there compared to years of love and bully kisses?

I like IT !!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We have wood kitchen floors and they look great and have been through 2 other dogs (they passed) and the 3 we have now. If there's a scratch on the wood you can't see it. I do recommend a wet swifter for wood floors though. :up: It's great if your water bowl is there because they will leave water all over the place. :D

The floors will be fine. :up:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I got new flooring last year, I contemplated getting a Pergo type floor in the hallway and rec room (where the dogs crates and my computer are). Bea will try to avoid walking on slick floors of any kind. The laundry room - where the door to the patio is - is laminate, as is the kitchen and both bathrooms. Bea will "run across it" like there's alligators going to eat her feet. ha ha Needless to say, I caved and got carpeting in the rec room and hallway. Stupid since there's so much dog hair around here but crap; I didn't want my Little Bea to be uncomfortable.

I know. Big sap. A big sap that does a LOT of vacuuming. A lot lot.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When I got new flooring last year, I contemplated getting a Pergo type floor in the hallway and rec room (where the dogs crates and my computer are). Bea will try to avoid walking on slick floors of any kind. The laundry room - where the door to the patio is - is laminate, as is the kitchen and both bathrooms. Bea will "run across it" like there's alligators going to eat her feet. ha ha Needless to say, I caved and got carpeting in the rec room and hallway. Stupid since there's so much dog hair around here but crap; I didn't want my Little Bea to be uncomfortable.

I know. Big sap. A big sap that does a LOT of vacuuming. A lot lot.

Now I think I know who the most spoiled bulldog on the forum is!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.