First bath

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Here is a new pic from our breeder ... Seamus is 8 weeks old and just got his first bath. He looks adorable! I wish we could pick him up next week but we aren't going to be in the state we we have to wait until he is 12 weeks old :( Hopefully heading out to pick up my first puppy supplies this weekend! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

8 weeks old First bath.jpg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Congrats on your new baby. The wait is a killer. Good luck. Lots of chew toys is always a must as well as a bottle of bitter apple spray.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
What a sweet baby, I know you can't wait to get him home.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I wish I knew about this place before we took our girl home :) i agree with the bitter apple spray is a MUST i endured 2 weeks worth of deep bites because as with all puppies we took her from her littler to being the only dog so i became her personal chew toy and litter mate once someone pointed me towards the spray about a week later i was her mommy and cuddle partner not a chew toy :) id suggest getting a fairly large bed for him. We bought a very small bed since she was small and now she spills over it and wants nothing to do with her big bed :( its actually funny seeing her sleep in it but it is way to small for her lol. Stainless steel bowls are a must as well plastic can harbor bacteria and cause rashes and such. Congrats he is absolutely beautiful.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I wish I knew about this place before we took our girl home :) i agree with the bitter apple spray is a MUST i endured 2 weeks worth of deep bites because as with all puppies we took her from her littler to being the only dog so i became her personal chew toy and litter mate once someone pointed me towards the spray about a week later i was her mommy and cuddle partner not a chew toy :) id suggest getting a fairly large bed for him. We bought a very small bed since she was small and now she spills over it and wants nothing to do with her big bed :( its actually funny seeing her sleep in it but it is way to small for her lol. Stainless steel bowls are a must as well plastic can harbor bacteria and cause rashes and such. Congrats he is absolutely beautiful.

May I ask how do you use the bitter spray - do you put it on your hands or spray it at the pup?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
May I ask how do you use the bitter spray - do you put it on your hands or spray it at the pup?

You spray it ON things that you don't want the dog to chew. I suggest using it on places/things where there is a HABIT of chewing beginning to establish itself. The reason why I say this is that some dogs get accustomed to the taste -- or, godforbid -- even begin to LIKE it. [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] can tell you about that!

I used it on grandma's table legs with much success. I only used it sparingly however, because I hated that table and while I wasn't encouraging the chewing, I wasn't trying very hard to stop it either. *snork* She grew out of the phase by the way.

And the table? It went bye bye. Hooray!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
You spray it ON things that you don't want the dog to chew. I suggest using it on places/things where there is a HABIT of chewing beginning to establish itself. The reason why I say this is that some dogs get accustomed to the taste -- or, godforbid -- even begin to LIKE it. @AubreysMom can tell you about that!

Or it could be even worse... they could like it from the first lick!! It never bothered Aubie from her first taste. Luckily, she listens well when we tell her to stop and give her something else to chew because I don't know what we would do with that crazy pup!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I used it on grandma's table legs with much success. I only used it sparingly however, because I hated that table and while I wasn't encouraging the chewing, I wasn't trying very hard to stop it either. *snork* She grew out of the phase by the way.

Hilarious!! :ROFL:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
You spray it ON things that you don't want the dog to chew. I suggest using it on places/things where there is a HABIT of chewing beginning to establish itself. The reason why I say this is that some dogs get accustomed to the taste -- or, godforbid -- even begin to LIKE it. @AubreysMom can tell you about that!

Thank you for the reply. I purchased some this weekend - I dont have a problem with the furniture but I do have problem with hands etc...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online