Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is kind of amusing actually. :)

We live in Arizona, so it is not uncommon to have an ouchie in your foot. So you tend to ignore it, and finally get so irritated that you go find the source of the tiny piece of cactus or whatever it may be.

Well, imagine my surprise a few weeks back, when I discovered it was a dog hair poking my foot. It was stuck into me just as if it were a cactus, but not as painful of course. I laughed it off, thought it was weird, though.

Imagine my surprise when it happened again to me today. Had something poking in my big toe. Figured it was grit, gravel, cactus, or glass. Go to investigate, and low and behold, it is another dog hair stabbing into my toe. This one is stubborn and requires a good "PLUCK" to get it out.

I have never been stabbed by dog hair. Could it be that their coat is soooo thick and shiney now, that it is a lethal weapon on my bare feet? LOL

Thought I would share this, and find out if anyone else has been stabbed by dog hair?!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh that is too weird! Thats never happened to me but I must say Samson's hair is prickly. In the sense that his hairs work their way into stuff. Like it would IMPOSSIBLE to get all the dog hair from the carpet in my car, there will always be some worked into the fibers that will never come out. In a sense thats true with any dog hair but with him its BAD! My beagles hair does not do that. He feels soft when you pet him but those are prickly hairs LOL

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
That is too weird because I went and visited my sister out in Phoenix, and I walked on her back porch one night and got what I thought was a prickle from a cactus. I went in the house and took a look and it was a dog hair. It hurt! SHe doesn't have bulldogs though, she has 2 pitbulls.

Maybe it's AZ dogs!:D

rikkiderr

Jul 21, 2010
Plano, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Trixie Wrinklebottom
We had a dog that used to shed "lethal" hairs that did EXACTLY the same thing! I'd be walking along and thought I cut the bottom of my toes/foot and when I looked closely it was A HAIR! Totally weird but funny at the same time. I can only attribute it to short haired dogs.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wow, that is really strange. I too live in Az. and I've never had this happen, but I don't go in my bare feet either, so that may have something to do with it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep it's happened to me a couple of times and it's always been Maggie's hair - none of the other dogs!! Their hair is so short and wiry!

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I've been told Sadie has a soft coat for a bully. Thank GOODNESS! I can't imagine actually having a hair embedded like a sliver!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bentley had a very coarse coat and gave me the occasional prickle. Linus has baby soft hair and after losing Bentley, we also realized how little Linus sheds too! So far, Truman is very soft but he is a baby. :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have female bullies and not sure if this is true or not, but someone once told me that they have softer coats vs the males. I do know that growing up our Richard has real coarse fur and we got stuck multiple times. My mom had to get the tweezers out. I have never had this with the girls.

However, living in Florida, I think the idea of getting stuck by a cactus is weirder than a dog hair...LOL

rikkiderr

Jul 21, 2010
Plano, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Trixie Wrinklebottom
The dog in question for me was a 6 month old female olde english bulldogge. Our new little girl hasn't booby trapped me with her hairs yet but she's still pretty young. I have no idea if it gets worse with age but that's an interesting idea.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.