Lifejackets!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Hi all! Summertime is finally here and Tonka looooves the water, however *shocker!* he has no swimming instinct what so ever. Lifejacket it is! But which one? We've tried on a few brands here at the pet stores and the mediums seem to fit perfectly but he's 5 months an 35lbs so I give it month and he would be into a large, thus I have decided to go with the large no matter what. I would like to know about your thoughts on the different life jacket brands and which ones fit or float better than the others as I know there's lots out here and most were definitely not made with the bully shape in mind! Thanks!

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340336826.942299.jpgI forgot the picture of how impressed he was with our trial and error shopping!
And while we were at it, we just had to try on some doggles! Too bad his head is too flat for them to stay on... LolImageUploadedByTapatalk1340337089.991778.jpg

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah has a life jacket, but I'm not exactly thrilled with it. Her front end is too top heavy..it still leans forward to much for her liking when she's wearing it. Her nose got in the water one time and now she will not swim. x.x I want a really good one for her. We have a boat and I really want her to actually enjoy swimming.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We got the same brand for Stig. It's pretty good. I think one member here recommended something that has a really sturdy top handle, in case you need to carry them out of the water. If you can find those, that would be even better. :yes:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Aw just saw the pics..love 'em! Especially the Doggles one. I wanted to get those for Delilah, but she threw a FIT!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] has lifejackets for her gang whenever they go boating. Maybe she'll have some input!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You need [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]! I usually hate to make anyone "talk" to her because..well..:shhhh: ..she's nuts! but unfortunately she knows life jackets! :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO has lifejackets for her gang whenever they go boating. Maybe she'll have some input!
:up:

You need @JeannieCO! I usually hate to make anyone "talk" to her because..well..:shhhh: ..she's nuts! but unfortunately she knows life jackets! :D
I'm only nutz to you because you keep forgetting to take your meds....:ROFL: :ROFL: Love ya!

Hi there!! Don't mind her, between you and me she's a bit, well, she's a bit.......:secret: CRAZY!!! :D

I'm short on time but and will respond more in depth later tonight but yes I've been using life jackets for my dogs for over 10 years. The bullies are new to the water for me since last summer. There's quite a few of us that have jackets. I get mine from a company called Ruff Wear. I am currently looking for another style as for Bullies these are a bit stiff and don't offer any front head floatation. I found a few and will update that too tonight.

Here's Wilson's.

IMG_1637.jpg

As you can see he prefer to shoreline it. Emma will be my swimmer though!
IMG_1637.jpg

:lmao: hey, Jeannie, you better get on quick...your nutty services are needed!
I am nutty aren't I? :biglaugh:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I order Mocha her life jacket a couple of days ago on Amazon!! Its hot pink and she is gonna be styling!! She loveeeeeees the water but last time we where at camp was horrible with her! We took turns in the water with her. Cant wait for it to arrive!!!!
Now... will she give me an attitude when I have to put it on her???????? Yes she will!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My boys have the same one as the one your lovely model is wearing in your pic. My biggest bully is 62 pounds and the other one 41 and they both wear the same size; large

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
We tried one last year for meatball but did not like so returned it. Trying to find a new one this year since he is a little bigger and hope older so he will be ready to the river with us.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.