Is your dog used for fights?? ..are you a moron?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
So, I wanted to share some of this because it is just getting ridiculous..and I've gotten really good about being a smart *** when people make me mad enough. :) HA.

I have been having SO MANY ISSUES lately with people asking me if Delilah is mean or vicious. "Does she birte?" "Is she mean?" "Does she fight in dog fights?" What, seriously?? My dog that just sits there looking at you like, "Hi, pet me," surely looks so darned mean!

Delilah goes to nursing homes for pet therapy. She gets up on their beds and snuggles with them and does tricks for them. The residents keep cookies for her in their rooms. They love her. She certainly doesn't seem scary to them, lol. Heck, I don't think the dog even looks scary but I've gotten that too! "Dang, that dog looks hella mean!!!!" ..really? well you sir, look like a dumb ***. :)

I took her to a crappy carnival in town a couple weeks ago, just because I was going late at night and figured might as well get her out of the house. She got so many people coming up to pet her, but there were lots making stupid comments as well. First of all, she was confused with a Pit Bull and a Mastiff. LOL. I understand not all people know dog breeds but those are so different it's kind of funny. Another woman comes up and was like, "Is that dog mean?? She looks mean!!" And I said, "Oh no..she's not mean at all." "You're kidding, right? You're just messing with me so I pet the dog and get bit?" At the point I just was floored. haha. I said, "No..she is a trained therapy dog that visits older people in nursing homes. I can assure you she will not bite." And then her mood totally changed and she was all over Delilah petting her and saying "bless you guys for all you do!"

The icing on the cake is a recent trip to the dog park. I'm there almost daily and basically everyone knows Delilah..the regulars, anyway. This one day I was there and a woman I've never seen was there with her Keeshond. She saw Delilah come near her dog to sniff it and she freaked out. Telling me to get my dog away, blah blah blah. I said, "It's a public dog park, she is not hurting anything. She's hear daily. The park is here for dogs to interact." And she says, "Does this dog bite?" I say, "Never bit or growled in her life." "Is she mean at all?" "No..not a mean bone in her body. And I just said she doesn't bite or growl or anything like that. She's a well trained dog." "Oh, well..she's a Bulldog, and basically all of those Bulldog dogs are mean." "That's a stupid stereotype. Would you like it if I said all Keeshonden were mean?" She shut up for a bit. Then later she asked me, "Is your dog trained for dog fights?" Omg I was just FLOORED at this point. Some of the other regulars there had heard the conversation before and were around me when the lady said that, and just looked at me like omg are you serious?? I had had it with this lady at this point because she was just plain rude, lol. So I said, "Yeah, actually. I bring her to the dog park for training practice. If she kills your dog, she gets 100 points." The lady put her dog on a leash and high tailed it out of there. Me and the others about peed our pants laughing!!

Just thought I'd share. Don't know how many of you have to deal with ignorance towards our sweet bullies!!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Does this look like a mean dog to you?? LOL
208974_4071489903821_958993805_n.jpg

bet that lady would freak if she saw this...Delilah eating a chicken quarter!
398940_3965111884437_466027474_n.jpg

Big bad bully goes CHOMP!

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
That's so stupid!! But I've gotten a cpl comments about how all bulldogs are mean! Some people don't know any better and just want to believe everything they hear. She doesn't look mean at all!!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly has been called a Pit Bull a few times... It normally doesn't bother me unless its in a bad way ("eeek! run! pit bull! don't touch!"). When that happens i normally start preaching about pit bull's and animal bigotry. I normally end my speech/yelling "and by the way.. She's not a pit bull.. she's an English Bulldog.. She looks nothing like a Pit Bull.. Maybe before you judge and condemn an animal you should know what it looks like!!!". :cursing:

That normally shuts them up..

I prefer the more happy encounters... "OMG! Bulldog! SO CUTE! Does she ride a skateboard!" :yes:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Do you suppose it's because sometimes our bullies show their teeth (toofies!)? I was just thinking maybe that has something to do with it. Granted...dog people know that being toothy is a bulldog thing and in no way has anything to do with aggression but perhaps non-dog people are freaked out by that.

My boyfriend's sons came over one night and kept calling Bre the "grumpy dog". Not because she was acting mean or anything but just because of the look she always has (which is adorable might I add). LOL

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
We had a guy at the last event we did for the rescue ask if they had been rescued from fighting !..... i looked at him like you bleeping idiot...... some people !!!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
What?! I don't blame you for being pissed! I would have been the same way!! I don't get that often when at the dig park.. I am a regular there too and know most people/dogs. There are the occasional newbees that are curious about Bubba. Bubba has this stupid smile and wiggles like crazy when he sees people or dogs! They just laugh when he comes towards him 'cause he looks so redicilous!! Lol. If a dog gets aggressive with him he just lays down. I hope that never changes! Sorry he came across such an ignorant person! Great comeback btw!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Delilah is a dollface! what a baffoon! nothing but luvbug bullies here~~~!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I heard the mean comment one time about Arnold. I was floored as well. Arnold as mean as a goldfish! Ridiculouus. I loved your last response!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] I don't have a problem with them thinking she's a Pit Bull if they are nice about it. I hate people basing dogs on breed, basically my biggest pet peeve. All these ghetto kids the other day saw Delilah and was like, "Oh my GAWD, look at dat PIT BULL! Gonna f***in eat us, gotta run!!!" ...seriously? My boyfriend wanted to go mock them so bad but I made him stop, LOL. He loves messing with stupid people.

[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] I think the toofies are adorable. xD I don't think it looks aggressive at all!! But I think I'm just used to it. I call it her snaggle. She even has a tag that says "My snaggle tooth is sexy" LOL

[MENTION=3793]Gold bullies[/MENTION] I could see someone asking that maybe if they are rescues..as long as they were polite about it. Not sure why everyone thinks Bulldogs are fighting dogs. They were back in like 1800 and are sooo different now. They are nothing like their ancestors.

[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] Delilah is the same way, grins like an idiot (her "joker face") and wiggles her butt. She has to greet everyone that comes in! She will but a persons legs until they pet her. haha.

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
A smart *** called my bully a dogo argentino.. I laugh my *** off.
I'm sick of people callin him mean or dragging their child as far away from boo, and i hate it when they said he's ugly. He's more handsome and cleaner than them. Well haters will be hated. Haha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340367129.408502.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ignorance of people continues to amaze me

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
We hear the pitbull comments all of the time with Beefy. Ughhh. Yes, he will drool you to death.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.