We're going to have a baby!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Ok, no, not really, BUT I did talk the hubs into letting me buy Beefy a buddy. YAY!!!! So, I'm curious, should I go male or female? I definitely do not want babies, so no breeding here but I'd like to know what you guys think may be better for him.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Lol. At first i thought, wow!, another ebn'er that's preggers! But then noticed that it was under general bully talk, so it must be a new puppy. :-)I tend to avoid females because if the heat thing (i know, i know), but if you're not so picky, i'd go for a girl. Puppies tend to get along with everyone and vuce versa so you'll do fine with either. Early cingrats btw!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Congrats!! :)
I don't really have a preference in gender..as long as they get spayed/neutered early. I might prefer females a bit more since they don't seem to be as territorial and don't have as much of a marking problem. Idk. I've found my female dogs to be more mellow and easy-going. It's all just personal preference :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think either way, but usually you will have less problems with alpha roles if you have two different genders. Tidus and Pookie (males) get along with each other great, and they get along with any of my girls. My girls getting along with each other... Not so good!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Congrats!! :)
I don't really have a preference in gender..as long as they get spayed/neutered early. I might prefer females a bit more since they don't seem to be as territorial and don't have as much of a marking problem. Idk. I've found my female dogs to be more mellow and easy-going. It's all just personal preference :)

So Funny! Gracie is more the territorial one over Cooper and Gracie marks every spot while Cooper doesn't mark anything. Of course my Gracie marks outside Thank Goodness! Gracie is def an Alpha and she is a very sweet bully and laid back . Cooper is laid back unless he is outside he is super hyper. But Cooper tend to get along with every dog while Gracie..she does but she doesn't take crap from anybully! So in my experience the males tend to get along better with other dogs. But I think you will be fine since your getting a puppy! :) COngrats!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have to say from my experience the girls are always the trouble starters so I'd have to say go with a male! LOL All the females that have come through this house (both foster and resident) tend to have the most attitude and alpha issues while the boys have been mostly goofy and laid back :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Congrats! When I completed the paperwork to be approved for rescue, my preference was another female dog simply because I'd never had a male dog ever. Always girls. When Bo came up at rescue, everyone said, "Oh that's better to have one of each" - but I'm not convinced. I think sex has very little to do with how dogs get along -- or not. As long as you're the pack leader, all will be well!

How exciting for you and your family!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you are getting a puppy and you are a strong pack leader... it will not matter

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Sorry for such a late response. I've been at a DAV convention for the last few days. When we got back last night I took Beefy with me to go look at the puppies. He was so sweet and gentle with them, it was beyond cute. It's really tough to decide, each pup was beyond adorable and loved to snuggle up to your face when you held them. My son is dead set on this one certain pup though. He says the pup looks like chocolate milk and that's what he named him. There's another boy that I loved, he was more of a darker red with a super dark tail. There is a another boy that I loved that I called brindle butt, well, because he has a brindle butt and brindle around his eyes (he's a bit smaller than the others). Although, I don't mind the size thing. Beefy was the runt of his litter. I had first pick and he was the one that I just had to have, he was perfect. I got pics of them except for brindle butt. The pics didn't turn out the best though. I was using my phone and they kept squirming, etc. Let me head over to photobucket to upload them. I'll be right back.

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Here is chocolate milk

photo.jpg

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
photo1.jpg

Here is the other boy that I liked. In the pic of "chocolate milk", you can see brindle butt in my sons lap.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
In my limited experience with bullies, Arnold is mellow and Bertha at 9 weeks is already indicating possible Alpha tendencies. She is bossy and verbal, which I love cuz so am I. Of course, she is aware that I am the pack leader but it is funny to watch that girl give the boys the business!! I love both of my bullies sexes/personalities for different reasons!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.