Just put a deposit on our first bulldog puppy

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We have a few name experts if you decide you want some other ideas :D oh and I'm sure theres an A-Z Boys names thread somewhere...its a game we play sometimes.

I think that was how I found this place...I did a search for bulldog names. We have eliminated Julius and Gus, and I think I forgot to mention Maximus is on that list so now it's either Rocco, Winston, Jake, Zeus or Maximus...and we are certainly open to suggestions. Our breeder said we can go play with him anytime after July 24. I think once we get to play with him and get a feel for his personality, it will be much easier to decide.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think we NEED a Rocco here :D. Cannot wait to see some pics!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome, you have plenty of time to do your research here. Name will come to you, probably like a lightning, and feel just right! And when you get him home you'll wonder how on earth you ever could live without an EB.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Welcome, you have plenty of time to do your research here. Name will come to you, probably like a lightning, and feel just right! And when you get him home you'll wonder how on earth you ever could live without an EB.

Yes, I have done lots of reading here already and will continue to do so. We just ordered a book I saw on here. Our biggest name problem is we don't agree... My favorite is Bentley but neither of the guys like it. My second choice is Rocco. My husband's top 3 (he says in no particular order) are Jake, Winston, and Zeus and our son's (in order) favorites are: 1. Zeus 2. Winston...just based on this I bet he goes with either Winston or Zeus.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Make sure you save those 'Guinea Pig' pictures... they grow up soooo fast!

Food: As others have said.. you'll probably have to try a few brands.. Starting with Fromm will cut through most of the trial and error. We went through a few recommended puppy foods and ended with Fromm Gold Puppy, at about 7months we switched to Fromm 4 star. We haven't had any problems with tear stains since we switched to Fromm (YMMV).

Sleep: Start stocking up on your rest...

Read: EB's are unlike any dog i've had. Saying they are quirky is an understatement. You'll find your puppy doing something bizarre, only to look on here and see its perfectly normal (noises they make, OCD-ness.. etc).

Prepare: Start puppy proofing.. power cords, shoes, table legs.. They love to chew for the first few months(years).

I would also highly recommend looking into pet insurance. Hopefully you never need to use it... but there are a few of us that are grateful we listened to other owners. There are a few great providers (we use Trupanion) and you can search the forum for some good threads on the subject.

Congrats on the puppy!

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm going to try to post a picture of him, even though he looks like a little piglet right now.

Pierre.jpgnewborn puppy.jpg

It looks like the pic is there...also a picture of Pierre, the Frenchie we had to put to sleep a couple of months ago. He's also the reason I am going to try to talk my husband into purchasing pet insurance this time.

As for puppy proofing, my Cavalier is only 1 1/2 so it's still puppy proofed except we will have to put the gates up again.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
He is total sweetness (piglet look and all...)

I purchased pet insurance recenty for my 5 mo old bully and if I never have to use it great but in the meantime I have peace of mind. Mine is through PetPlan.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online