Just put a deposit on our first bulldog puppy

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new pup, as others have said they go through a lot of changes before they become full grown. Here is an excellent article to read about bring your new puppy home. Looking forward for some pics of him.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...le-welcoming-home-your-new-bulldog-puppy.html

Thanks for the link! It was very interesting and informative! We were quite surprised at the amount of food it said to feed our puppy~3/4 cup, 3 times a day? Wow!! Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Scarlett, isn't even eating a cup a day. (She's 1 1/2 and 13 lbs.) Her and our Frenchie were eating Taste of the Wild until the recall. He has since passed :*(, and she's been eating Blue Buffalo. I checked into Fromm since that seems to be highly recommended here and that is very expensive compared to those. Are there any foods you all like that are more in line with what we currently use?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Earthbotn hollistic is a premium food tht is well accepted here and many of out bullies have done great on. It is about 20 dlls less expensive. I am trying this on my new puppy when he reaches 8 months old before fromm all stages.. I am putting him
on fromm puppy until he is old enough to try earthborn

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We are still debating on a name, today's list consists of the following: Winston, Jake, Gus, Zeus, Julius, Rocco...and I love Bentley but my husband has eliminated it. Our list seems to change a bit from day to day.
We tried over a 100 names for Wilson and ended up with the one the Breeder selected as it ended up fitting him best - go figure.

Here's a good dog food rating link too.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

I like Rocco. :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Blue Buffalo is a good food, we feed ours FROMM 4 star. Earthborn Holistic is a good one too. It will just depend on what your bully likes and does well on. You may have to change several times till you find one that will agree with him. Once the pup gets around 6 or 7 months old you will start feeding less and only twice a day.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Blue Buffalo is a good food, we feed ours FROMM 4 star. Earthborn Holistic is a good one too. It will just depend on what your bully likes and does well on. You may have to change several times till you find one that will agree with him. Once the pup gets around 6 or 7 months old you will start feeding less and only twice a day.

Yeah, our Cavalier seems to like it better than she did Taste of the Wild. My husband has been looking around and it appears I just happened to price one of the more expensive varieties. The fromm is in line with what we normally buy. I think we may try it. Thanks!

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We tried over a 100 names for Wilson and ended up with the one the Breeder selected as it ended up fitting him best - go figure.

Here's a good dog food rating link too.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

I like Rocco. :up:

Thanks for the link! I did check it out earlier today but it was nice to go back and look at it again after reading all day. Both of the foods we use/used recently are on there.

I like Rocco too, it's one of my favorites! :D I won't have final say since it's "my husband's dog". He has always wanted one and I tried to talk him into getting another Frenchie but he finally talked me into an EB. I ended up getting it for him for Father's Day. Don't tell him, but I think I'm as excited as he is!! :secret:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks for the link! I did check it out earlier today but it was nice to go back and look at it again after reading all day. Both of the foods we use/used recently are on there.

I like Rocco too, it's one of my favorites! :D I won't have final say since it's "my husband's dog". He has always wanted one and I tried to talk him into getting another Frenchie but he finally talked me into an EB. I ended up getting it for him for Father's Day. Don't tell him, but I think I'm as excited as he is!! :secret:
You're :secret: is safe with me. Is your hubby on here too? Rocco's a great name!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Congrats on your new bully puppy, I got my first Bully in January and I can not imagine not having Ftse as he is such a big part of our family and we love him to death. You will have so much fun and enjoyment with your new baby :welcome:.

FTSE 101.jpg

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Congrats! Can't wait to see a pic of him! Enjoy every moment with your puppy cuz they grow up so fast! Please don't deprive us of a teensy weensy picture or two. I already have puppy envy from so many here getting puppies, so what's one more.:cry: Just kidding :lol: I'm already at my city limit of three dogs. :cry:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Welcome to EBN and congrats on your first EBD - I too am a first time bully owner - he has brought us such joy in the few short months we have had him - along with sheer tiredness from taking care of a baby, but it is SO worth it.

P.S. - I like the name Rocco.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online