Just put a deposit on our first bulldog puppy

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
He's only a week old. When will he start looking more like a puppy and less like a baby pig? (i hope that doesn't offend anyone!!) It's the first time I've seen any puppy this young. Our breeder is going to send us weekly pictures so we can watch him grow.

We've had many pets, including a Frenchie, but this will be our first bulldog. Anything we need to know specific to this breed?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
There is Everything to know about this breed. Nothing else is easily compared. You've found the right place for help and advice! They do resemble guinea pigs when they are tiny! But you won't believe how fast they grow and honestly..they are the cutest pups ever. I advise you spend the time you have waiting for your new pup to come home...here! Read everything you can. Pay close attention to Food and the Bulldog Health forums. That way..when..I repeat when..you are staring at something worrisome, you will recognize it and realize...awwww..yes! I saw this on the forum!

So glad you found us and can't wait. To meet your new family member! :up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I bet you are so excited!!! Don't forget to share pics of him with us!!!!

Yes ... spend as much time on here as you can because there are a lot of experienced bully owners on this site who have shared their problems and experiences with us all. Food is probably the most important thing you can focus on right now. Start to become aware of all the choices that you have and the consequences of having a good food and a bad food for your particular bully baby!! Bullys are unique and there really is nothing like them on this planet!!! Prepare to fall deeply in love!! :luv:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Congratulations!!!! When do they stop looking like a baby pig you ask? Well, Wilsonā€™s a year and a half and he looks like a pot belly pig and he snorts like one too. :ROFL: Now Emma (sheā€™s almost 7 months), she doesnā€™t look like a pig nor does she have a pot belly. But she is starting to snort a bit when sheā€™s sniffing around the grass. :confused: Just kiddinā€™ with you - they all look like piglets when theyā€™re born in my opinion. When he hits about 4 weeks heā€™ll really start taking shape and by 8 weeks heā€™ll be a little bully, a little piglet bully but a bully nonetheless. Sorry couldnā€™t help myself again. Heā€™ll go through many changes as he grows. Wilson filled outward and downward first (heā€™s got a big pot belly) and Emma is growing tall first and sheā€™s quite slender. Wilson started really taking shape around the 1 year mark. They change up until about 18 months I believe. Wilsonā€™s resembling a mini hippopotamus right now though. :laugh:

:welcome: to EBN. Just jump right in!!

Yes, pictures, pictures, pictures, we :heart: pictures!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome!! You are funny and are going to fit right in!! Arnold soulds like a pig when he is excited and Miss Bertha (8 weeks) is the cutest puppy ever, besides Arnold of course!!

Congrats!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
They do look like little piglets, how funny. Well having a frenchie you must know quite a bit about the care that goes into bullies anyhow. Would LOVE to see pics of the rest of your gang, frenchies are a love of mine as well. Someday I will have me one, someday! :D Welcome aboard!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is a perfect example, each pic 1 week apart starting at 1 week old.

IMG_4376.jpg1 week

IMG_4524.jpg2 weeks

IMG_4700.jpg3 weeks

IMG_5007.jpg4 weeks (their heads look really big for their bodies lol)

IMG_5282.jpg5 weeks

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to EBN, the best place on the web for Bulldog info, friendship and more. I can't wait to see photos of your little one.

You can see from the post above, the change quickly, however that does not guarantee that someone, somewhere does not still mistake him for a pig.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN...... Thanx for joining the bully insanity.... hope you'll make yourself at home here. :)

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oh how exciting :dancing: did you pick a name for your little man, or shall we stick with Piglet for now :ROFL:

We are still debating on a name, today's list consists of the following: Winston, Jake, Gus, Zeus, Julius, Rocco...and I love Bentley but my husband has eliminated it. Our list seems to change a bit from day to day.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I bet you are so excited!!! Don't forget to share pics of him with us!!!!

Yes ... spend as much time on here as you can because there are a lot of experienced bully owners on this site who have shared their problems and experiences with us all. Food is probably the most important thing you can focus on right now. Start to become aware of all the choices that you have and the consequences of having a good food and a bad food for your particular bully baby!! Bullys are unique and there really is nothing like them on this planet!!! Prepare to fall deeply in love!! :luv:

I have been on here almost all day!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We are still debating on a name, today's list consists of the following: Winston, Jake, Gus, Zeus, Julius, Rocco...and I love Bentley but my husband has eliminated it. Our list seems to change a bit from day to day.

We let our granddaughter make a list of names..she ended up with 200 names! :eek: then we narrowed them down to 10! Whole extended family voted..then in the true spirit of democracy..my hubby and I overrode everyone and picked what we liked all along! :ROFL: sometimes choice is sooo overrated! :laugh:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.