Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just got a new sofa! :happydance:
it's from IKEA, one of those kind where you can change the cover so it looks like you have a different sofa every time. Right now I have a blue sofa, last week I had a beige one...pretty cool and very comfy.
So of course Finn and Tate love it too and I try to cover w/blankets so they can lay on that instead of the sofa material itself but doesn't always prevent a lot of their shedding to land on the sofa.
What's the best way to pick up the hair? with one of those sticky-roller-thingys? i have one but it's not so great. I'm trying to avoid having to take out the vacuum. Any suggestions? thanks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Henny..I had to just vacuum when I had micro fiber sofas..my daughter has a Very Hairy Huge Golden Retriever..she goes to Dollar Tree and buys the sticky rollers in the wide size..she swears by them...and that's what we use on our sofa in the mountains.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henny..I had to just vacuum when I had micro fiber sofas..my daughter has a Very Hairy Huge Golden Retriever..she goes to Dollar Tree and buys the sticky rollers in the wide size..she swears by them...and that's what we use on our sofa in the mountains.

thanks B ! i think i need to get a wide roller then b/c the one i have is rather wimpy. If that doesn't work, i'll drag out the vacuum cleaner.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
A damp cloth ... wipe it in one direction only (as in not backwards and forwards) and all the hair should come together in a little damp ball that you can just pluck off the couch.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
A damp cloth ... wipe it in one direction only (as in not backwards and forwards) and all the hair should come together in a little damp ball that you can just pluck off the couch.

oh, that's a good one too. I will try that one out before i take out the "big guns" (vacuum).

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
oh, that's a good one too. I will try that one out before i take out the "big guns" (vacuum).

Yup .. gives the couch a little clean up too. We have carpeted stairs and I do that once every couple of weeks to really get rid of all the hair that seems to sit in the corners and edges of the stairs no matter how well I think I've vacuumed!!! Works great!! :up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I want to try those spongy sticky when dry rollers rinse to clean, the as seen on TV guy hawks.....anybody tried them?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Our news program did one of those test on those. Said they work great for awhile but after a bit they arent sticky anymore. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Yup .. gives the couch a little clean up too. We have carpeted stairs and I do that once every couple of weeks to really get rid of all the hair that seems to sit in the corners and edges of the stairs no matter how well I think I've vacuumed!!! Works great!! :up:

a damp cloth works on the carpet? That would be so awesome!!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I have yet to try this... BUT... a friend told me that a cheap rubber squeegee (that you would use to clean a shower) works great for getting pet hair off of fabric sofas. Our current sofa is leather, so I haven't had a chance to try it out. If you try it, let me know if it works! :)

TitanAres

Mar 7, 2012
Corpus Christi, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan Ares
I've been browsing on pinterest a lot lately. Found it interesting that they used a rubber dish washing glove to rub the fur together into a ball. I'm not exactly sure but I think they wet the gloves too. Since you have 2 you can experiment with a dry and a wet one.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t0vd41

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online