Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick little Moglee

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moglee
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Sick little Moglee

To say the least, I've been a very worried & weary parent this past week. Our 10 week old Moglee has had very loose stools since last Saturday. We initially monitored him a couple days after that and not seeing any alleviation to the situation, we started him on the bland diet e.g. boiled white rice & boiled chicken breasts. His stool gained a bit more consistency, but nothing near what it used to be (i.e. bulk, formation, and color). From here we finally decided to go to the vet. A stool sample was given and tested; a parasite was found in his stool and Purina EN Gastroenteric diet (1/2 can per serving x3/day) with Albon 125mg (antibiotic x1 @ 125mg/day). This regiment was initiated on Thursday the 14th and still he has yet to get any better; It would even be fair to say that his condition may have gotten worse as his stool is literally explosive. He is due for his 2nd set of shots on Tuesday, but I'm thinking of just bringing him in later this morning. Any help/support from EBN would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried sick for my little guy.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick little Moglee

Could it be a side reaction to the antibiotic? They can be very harsh on stomachs. And that maybe with the food change. Could you try putting him back on the bland diet while he is on antibiotics?
    Also make sure that he is drinking enough because puppies can get dehydrated quickly.
    I don't have that much experience with this type of situation so hopefully others will chime in too.
    Poor little guy...I hope that he gets better soon.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Poor guy! I don't have any experience either but I'd be calling the vet today if it was me. Keep us updated please.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

What parasite did they find? I would give the blad diet instead of the Prescription food. I am not a fan of any Purina or SD...Its crappy food so if you can stick with the bland diet while on meds(switching food too much will also upset tummy) . Since Im lte to the thread you might be at the vet so plese keep us posted and let us know how it went!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

You might also give him some pumpkin (not the pie filling kind) that should help with the diarrhea, and let you vet know what's happening. Plus make sure he is drinking plenty of water and as @Lucy-licious! has said put some pedialyte in his water too. But he may not drink it as they do not like it very much so you may have to give it separate.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What is the parasite? Albon should help depending on what it is. You describe it as explosive... Sounds like giardia --(which is contagious to humans!!!!) and very difficult to get rid of. Can take weeks. Don't forget to clean the butt and put sone desitin on it. I also would not be too keen on the new food.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Can't give much more advice as everything above are all great. But wanted to give some positive thoughts your way, anything for our sick babes.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moglee
    Likes (Received)

Hasn't been to the vet just yet. I'll try the pedialyte in the water and put him back on that bland diet with the ABO's. As far as what the parasite was called, I couldn't recall. I'll make sure to note that down when I'm back at the vet's. Though I'm sure it's not giardia, I'm not ruling out anything. It's so tough to see him like this and I hope I can get some answer soon. Thanks again EBN

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moglee
    Likes (Received)

With the bland diet, he seemed to be much more interested in the chicken as opposed to the white rice; any tips on how to make it a bit more enticing to the young chap?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    What parasite did they find? I would give the blad diet instead of the Prescription food. I am not a fan of any Purina or SD...Its crappy food so if you can stick with the bland diet while on meds(switching food too much will also upset tummy) . Since Im lte to the thread you might be at the vet so plese keep us posted and let us know how it went!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Him eating is a great sign, I would worry too much about him eating only the chicken as well. Rice is just a filler. You can also try ground beef instead of chicken.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moglee
    Likes (Received)

Will do and I'll keep you all update. Thanks

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mogleebear View Post
    With the bland diet, he seemed to be much more interested in the chicken as opposed to the white rice; any tips on how to make it a bit more enticing to the young chap?
    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Him eating is a great sign, I would worry too much about him eating only the chicken as well. Rice is just a filler. You can also try ground beef instead of chicken.
    I agree! Ground beef is my go to always with the bland diet as I never gave Brutus chicken. As far as the parasite I would just ask the vet so we have an idea ...Hope everything gets better
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads