Sick little Moglee

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
^^That's exactly what it was. Coccidia. We've been vigorously cleaning all his mess. I just prepared his bland diet and he gobbled that all down.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
^^That's exactly what it was. Coccidia. We've been vigorously cleaning all his mess. I just prepared his bland diet and he gobbled that all down.

I'm going to tag the experts now that you've mentioned the parasite. I must say again, that it really is a good sign that Moglee's eating. :yes:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well so glad you took him to the vet and treating him for it. Hoping for a fast recovery.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I can not help here, but hoping everything turns out good for you and Moglee.

FTSE 101.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

For Coccidia I used Albon and Fish Zole when they were pups. Ask your vet about the Fish Zole, most have never heard of it. Google "Fish Zole for Dogs" you'll find a bunch of stuff. One pill = 1 dose of the Fish Zole, I got at a fish store, within one week they were clear of it. I used Clorox wipes on the floor an in the crates. and then put clean blankets everyday in each crate. It's common in puppies. But a pain to keep everything almost sterile.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't have experience with this but I really, really hope he is feeling better soon!

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
Clorox wipes and nearly sterile sleeping & playing areas, CHECK. Another fecal test & smear were completed at the Vet and now he's been DX with a train of Clostridium. The Vet didn't explain which strain and when I took note of that, I became pretty alarmed. I've had plenty of experiences with patients in the hospital that had C.Diff (Clostridium Difficile) and that's a nasty bug. Along with the Albon 125mg/day, he's now on Flagyl (Metronidazole; we use this stuff Pre-operatively all the time!) and Purina's FORTIFLORA as a probiotic.

For Coccidia I used Albon and Fish Zole when they were pups. Ask your vet about the Fish Zole, most have never heard of it. Google "Fish Zole for Dogs" you'll find a bunch of stuff. One pill = 1 dose of the Fish Zole, I got at a fish store, within one week they were clear of it. I used Clorox wipes on the floor an in the crates. and then put clean blankets everyday in each crate. It's common in puppies. But a pain to keep everything almost sterile.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Clorox wipes and nearly sterile sleeping & playing areas, CHECK. Another fecal test & smear were completed at the Vet and now he's been DX with a train of Clostridium. The Vet didn't explain which strain and when I took note of that, I became pretty alarmed. I've had plenty of experiences with patients in the hospital that had C.Diff (Clostridium Difficile) and that's a nasty bug. Along with the Albon 125mg/day, he's now on Flagyl (Metronidazole; we use this stuff Pre-operatively all the time!) and Purina's FORTIFLORA as a probiotic.

Fish Zole and Metronidazole are one in the same.

Little Moglee getting some prayer's today too. sending prayers your way for strength. I know how frustrating this can be. I had a litter of 11 that had Coccidia, and I had always kept everything spotless, it just happens sometimes.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
My guess (a guess since I work with human patients) is secondary to the initial antiobiotics. Moglee is in my thoughts!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I do hope he is feeling a little better now ... I'll be thinking of you both!!! :pray:

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
Thanks for all the prayers and advices. Yeah, he's taking the flagyl with food. He's still playful as ever and I hope that this course of treatment will be the one to cure it.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Just checking in to see how Moglee is feeling....I really hope the Meds work for him....sounds like you've got things under control....

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
Just finished playing outside with the little guy; his energy is still off the charts. Still waiting to see what his stool looks like and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh the joys of following your bully around just to see what consistency his :poo: is!!!!! :ROFL:

Most Reactions