Anyone have this problem with Trifexis?

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Ok..everytime I give Bubba the trifexis tab (heartworm, flea, and parasite control) he gets VERY lethargic for the entire next day. My other 2 dogs don't have this problem. Does anyone else have this happen to their bullies?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We use heartguard for both and never had this happen. I would talk to the vet about it, maybe switch brands.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use Sentinel and have never had a problem. I would change him to something else to see if it doesn't affect him.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We don't use that either ......... if it's making him lethargic then I would definitely contact the vet and discuss side effects and other alternatives.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Is he on the borderline of the weight for the dosage? It could be that? Like for instance, Jack and Griz are 35 pounds different, but take the same dosage for all the preventive meds.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Thanks guys! I prob should switch. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. Yes he is I believe. I think it's 60 plus and bubbs is at prob 65. Maybe too much for him?

jules825m

Sep 3, 2010
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Miss Charlie
My bully does that too she also throws up about 3 hours after she takes it. I asked the vet about it and he said to make sure she eats a full meal. The last time I gave it to her I gave her plain yogurt and her tummy was better but she still was not herself.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I've heard that dogs can get seizures from taking it. I actually quit going to my vet because they were pushing it on everyone. I mentioned the seizures and they just said if it happened to bring the dog back (that was my mil's dog). They were going to give Abby a free sample of it on her next apt so I changed vets. I didnt want to hurt anyones feelings..but i dont like them pushing products or meds on me...and they were PUSHIN that stuff to everyone that day..in office and on phone. No tellin how much they get for selling it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah gets ivermectin dosed for her which is heartguard without all the addiatives and flavoring. never had a problem yet. i had a cat who was lathargic for a while after i gave her a flea treatment. i used something else the next time. maybe try something else on bubba next time. there are a few of those kinds now i believe.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online