Male or female?

Rachel411

Jun 10, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
From what I've heard, there is no big temperament difference between male and females ebs. Eventually my husband and I plan onhaving kids, so temperament is a big deal for us. Has anyone had an experience where they would highly recommend one over the other? I'm looking very hard at the parents temperament, hoping that will give us an idea of what the pup will be like!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The temerpment does stem from genes and good breeding. I would find a good reputable breeder and spend sometime with the parents. I have a male EBD and a female Pitbull...They do have different attitudes but I dont know much of a difference. Part of temper is also the way the dog is being trained. Hope this helps..there will be other by with more advice

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as both are spayed or neutered, it really depends on the dog, breeding and training.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would say it's mostly to do with how you bring your bully up ... you know what they say ... there is no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'll weigh in on the males vs females side! LOL All the male dogs I have ever had (or fostered) have always been way more easy going than the females! The females always seem to be a little more persnickety when it comes to other dogs. I can only speak for my own personal experiences though! :)

OP
R

Rachel411

Jun 10, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
I think most of the replies confirmed what I had thought. Just wanted to see if I was wrong in my assumptions!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have 2 males, although one acts like a puppy and runs, chases and plays, he'll calm down and stay still when he sees kids. I think this stems from his upbringing when he was a baby, his breeder brought him up with little kids in the house.

My other male, he joined our fam late last year at 4.5 y.o. He's a complete angel and is very laid back, but loves getting attention from people and can be a little rough. He's the one we have to watch since he still play bites, which I think is due to his previous owners not training him in that aspect.

So on top of getting your eb from a reputable breeders, training is also very important. My next pup will certainly be from someone who raises them with small kids though, as I'm so amazed with how our younger one acts with them.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'll weigh in on the males vs females side! LOL All the male dogs I have ever had (or fostered) have always been way more easy going than the females! The females always seem to be a little more persnickety when it comes to other dogs. I can only speak for my own personal experiences though! :)

I agree here, I have only ever had 1 female and the others have been males and my female (pug) was aggresive with children ok till they were about 1 year old after that she was not very nice would snap at them if they touched her things and the male (pugs) were afraid of her, apart from that she was a beautiful dog I guess she was a typical Beitch LOL!! :laugh:
FTSE 101.jpg

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses

And there are so many other human traits they possess, it's amazing :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
My male is the only experience I have with Bullies, but he absolutely adores kids

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BG & Wlson are both pretty mellow most of the time but BabyGirl can be more demanding of my attention. If I don't give her attention when she's bored she will lie in her pen and whine/low growl and then flail a little. Next comes high pitched yipping and yapping accompanied by the whale eye and more severe flailing. The last step usually gets to me and so I stop what I'm doing and play with her. I'm very well trained.:excited: Wilson is quiet and will just lie at my feet, no drama there. So based on my experience if I wanted a stable temperment I'd pick a male but then I would be missing the divaness of a female! We humans here are low key peeps so I guess BG is driven by the boredom of her environment. I think if I had little kids she would be more than entertained.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Both my pups are excitable. I have a male and a female there is a lot of competition between them. Mymale is more excitable and female more territorial and jealous! They both love attention and are sweet though!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.