That's a big puppy!

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
So my breeder sent me some new pictures of Seamus or as she calls him Famous Seamus. He is just shy of 8 weeks old and she thinks he weighs close to 15lbs. Is that normal? He looks huge! We aren't picking him up for another 4 weeks and for some reason I thought he would only be like 10lbs when we pick him up at 12 weeks old. Here are some new pictures of him (dark brindle) with his brother and then another one with some older pups in the crate with the little ones.

Seamus 7 weeks old.jpgSeamus 7 weeks old 2.jpgSeamus 7 weeks group shot.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm trying to remember how much Tate weighed when i got him at 8wks...i believe it was 17lbs. So I think Seamus' wt. is not too unusual or too much. He is ADORABLE !!! How exciting for you!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He's so cute! That seems like a lot to weight at just shy of 8 weeks. Wilson only weighed 7.4 and Emma was 8.2 at 8 weeks. Is it the breeder's preference to wait until 12 weeks before you can have him? That's seems like a long time to me. He's sure cute and I love coloring!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], Henny, Tate was that heavy then? They weren't feeding him apple smoked bacon then too were they? :tease:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think he is about normal... as normal as a bullie can be. ;)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think too , that's normal , they can differ anywhere form 5 to 8 pounds at that age. Some of my females were little peanuts and some of the boys were big brutes. Love em all the same. ummph

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
The breeder doesn't let you take the puppies home until 10 weeks but unfortunately my husband and I are going to be gone during the 4th of July right when the 10 week mark hits. So we are going to pick him up just shy of 12 weeks. She is feeding him Taste of the Wild and I know that Seamus' mom and dad are good size.

I am just worried about picking him up. I felt pretty confident that I could pick him up and put him in the car and whatnot while he was a puppy but now I am not sure. I am not what you would consider a very large person and can barely lift 20lbs when I work out haha my husband is concerned I am not going to be able to lift him myself. I am thinking we might need to get a ramp into the SUV hahah

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes you may want to invest in a ramp and train him while he's young, especially since he'll probably get up to 60lbs, give or take, when he's full grown. I was lucky to have gotten both of mine at 8 weeks. I bet you can't wait!!!! :up:

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Oh man yes if we could pick him up now I would love it! But I definitely want to make sure we are around home and keep a strict routine for when he gets home. We are flying up to NY for 4th of July and there will be 6 adults, 4 adult dogs, 1 puppy and a baby at my dad's house so I don't think that will be the best environment to bring a brand new puppy!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Definitely get a ramp. Getting him use to it early will help him. BabyGirl and Wilson were afraid of getting into and out of he car when they were pups but now they see the ramp and they go right up and down.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba was 16 lbs at 9 wks. He weighs about 65 now at 1 1/2 yrs. yes. A little tougher now to get into the SUV!
At need to get a rob too!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.