Itchy Butt???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I had Vegas's anal glands internally expressed 13 days ago, one was really full the other somewhat. He really does not have a tail pocket, just a little indent. For the last two day he has been rubbing his behind all over my area rug. I cleaned really good underneath his tail-(he only has a 1 inch flap tail), I see nothing abnormal, no smell or yeast. I looked at his :poo: last night and this morning, nothing new same as always. Do you think it is possible that he is full again after only 13 days??? Usually we go 5-6 weeks before he needs them done and he lets me know by rubbing his bottom that they need done.

He never does this except for about every 5 weeks average for over 2 years now. Just wondering if they can fill up that fast?? Or is there something I can do to help relieve the itching if it is an itch? I used the cleaner from the vet on his tail area, the same as I use on his face that is an anti-fungal-yeast solution. Could he have worms? I didn't see anything in his poo and I took a stick and poked through it. If it would be worms how in the world would he have gotten them?? I am baffled!!
Thanks.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help here, Miila has ALWAYS done the boot scootch and I havent figured it out aside from allergies maybe. It isnt her anals cuz she does it nomatter when hers were expressed.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], that is why I am baffled, Vegas never does it unless he is full and it again is average about every 5 weeks, never has he done it two weeks after having it done. Then again he is licking his front feet more than normal right now too, maybe it is just allergies??

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Nothing coming out or stuck that I can see, nothing missing....Oh [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...do you make house calls???????

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has been doing this lately and he has never had a problem with his glands needing to be expressed manually. And he has been licking his paws too and he never does that either, so at least for Frank, I am suspecting just environmental allergies making them itchy all over because of how the season has gone.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION], of all the allergies Vegas has, he has never had a problem with his bottom unless he is full. But he is licking feet more than normal so might just be related.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I dont know Kelly, until Miila I had never dealt with it before. Mugsy can have his glands full as all heck and never ever has dragged his bootie so it trips me out with her as well. She is on her allergy med which seem to do just about nothing for her, poor thing.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Maybe it's that sand he ate??
kind of been thinking that, he came in covered the other morning, and it was dripping out his mouth, one time when he had his glands expressed the vet actually found a small (very small) rock lodged in his gland.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I haven't had much experience with glands though so I don't know how fast they fill. Or if they can fill at different rates? Maybe due to environmental stuff?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]---No way, No how, never ever, not in a million years!!!!! I would pay 3x what I pay at the vets office for THEM to do it, I would :barf:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@Twice---No way, No how, never ever, not in a million years!!!!! I would pay 3x what I pay at the vets office for THEM to do it, I would :barf:

:ROFL: :ROFL: Last night, while I was watching Abby sleep, I was thinking that there wasn't anything in this world that I wouldn't do for her. Then tonight I saw this thread :laugh:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.