JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have the bestest bully vet - Tom J. Geiselhardt of Homestead Animal Hospital. Heā€™s listed on our Vet Recommendations page too!! I feel so lucky to have him as a vet and I see bullies every time I go in. I found him thanks to EBN! :up:

Saturday I took Emma and Wilson to see him (Emma for her spay and shark teeth) and Wilson for his leg (most of you know we took a digger on in the garage about 4 weeks ago when I was carrying him). Wilson was given a muscle relaxer (Robaxin) is nearly back to his old stubborn self and is no longer limping or showing any stiffness in his right leg. Heā€™s so spunky and playful again. :up:

Emma, well I just called to get the technical diagnosis for her teeth for her insurance (sheā€™s having two top teeth pulled that are extras when sheā€™s spayed later this year (she has double row of teeth. They just called me back and Dr. Geiselhardt will NOT be charging me for her tooth removal. :up:

This is not the first time heā€™s done this. He also didnā€™t charge me twice before when I came in after hours with Jack during Jackā€™s emergency bouts with his H.O.D. last year. I canā€™t believe how wonderful he is. Heā€™s always smiling too.

Just wanted to share that. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are indeed very fortunate to have such a great vet! Jeannie, Is he the only vet in the practice? I usually see more personalized care like that in the family-owned practices, and not so much where it is a larger group with multiple vets.

Not to charge you for certain items just goes to show you that Dr.Tom cares way more about his patients than he does about making a quick buck. Not like some places that charge $26 for a bandage change!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is great, wish I lived closer so I could go to the same vet!!
FTSE 101.jpg

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Whoa...Emma has shark teeth?! I've never heard of that before. Is it all across the top row or just the two teeth? I wanna see a pic before they get removed, did I miss one?! LOL [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I must know! :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So good to hear this. Too many times we don't hear about the good.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Very nice to hear about good vets...Lately we havent had good vet stories so this is definatley a good one! Thanks for sharing for all the people in your area :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is great news, as it is hard to find a good bully vet. We have one and he is fabulous with bullies.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Whoa...Emma has shark teeth?! I've never heard of that before. Is it all across the top row or just the two teeth? I wanna see a pic before they get removed, did I miss one?! LOL @JeannieCO I must know! :)

You must have. Here's here Shark teeth. :D No bully was harmed during the taking of this pics tonight. :laugh:

She's laying upside down - full mouth view.
9b7c615a.jpg

Extra teethtop- they're the two in the second row. She's missing a front little toof.
af149a66.jpg

Lower teeth - two of her fronts are a bit set back.
4363dfa3.jpg

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So good to hear this. Too many times we don't hear about the good.
True true. He stayed 45 minutes after hours until I was able to get there with Jack. It was Jack's first relapse and I didn't have anything for him and he DIDN'T charge me. I sent them goodies the next day. :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are indeed very fortunate to have such a great vet! Jeannie, Is he the only vet in the practice? I usually see more personalized care like that in the family-owned practices, and not so much where it is a larger group with multiple vets.

Not to charge you for certain items just goes to show you that Dr.Tom cares way more about his patients than he does about making a quick buck. Not like some places that charge $26 for a bandage change!!
He's a small practice and very well-known in this area. You'd think he'd be different but he's so warm and caring. $26 for a bandage is pretty high no doubt!!!

How is Tate's foot?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.