Potty Training

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
Biscuit is 3mo today. She will pee outside in the grass when we take her out, but then she'll walk back indoors and go again, even just a little. Is this just her age or something we're doing wrong with trying to train her? She does go #2 outside almost all of the time now.
Photo May 20, 3 05 57 PM.jpgPhoto May 20, 3 05 59 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Honestly their bladders are small and I find at that age Raven used to take small pees. She didn't fully void her bladder. You are on the right track. Persistence and patience, I know that is easier said than done. Look you have a big chunk of the battle won, she is pooing outside. Good luck. Raven is almost eight months and will still have accidents in the house.

By the way welcome and your baby is totally adorable. Enjoy watching her personality and quirks develop.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
First let me say, Biscuit is the cutest name ever. Welcome.

I'd suggest waiting longer so she empties it out all the way, if possible. If they learn that right after they pee, they go right back in, they'll start holding it. Stay out after the pee. Play a bit.

When inside the house: Stick to a schedule. Be consistent. <=== otherwise, your dog doesn't know what you want from him/her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with the above. Just also make sure the pee you clean up in the house is not potent or orange. Some bully's, especially little girls, are prone to UTI infections. Their vulvas are really tight until they have a heat, where the swelling can bring it out some. #1 symptom is peeing often in small amounts.

Make sure you clean and dry around her vulva folds. Most bully girls squat so low they sit in their pee when they go causing bacteria build up in their folds. I use malecetic otic on a cotton ball at least 2x a week on my girls folds. When I dint it gets Yucky down there.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.