First bulldog

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
I'm own a English bulldog and it's my first one and he's 6months old and weighs around 42 pounds and I was wondering when will he start getting wide because he looks thin and his head is small

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
they start widening after the first year from what IM told

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You should start seeing a difference each month now, at around 8 months you should really see more of a bulldog appearance but the head is not fully grown until they are 2 years old.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as others have said... the head/chest broaden after 1 yr and finish up around 2 yrs

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Now...honestly...even if he suddenly quit growing and had a wee Bully pinhead..I just know you would still love him....RIGHT? So now you know he has a long way to grow! Like everyone said...he will be about 24 months old before he's nearing completion! I'm sure Smash will be perfect! :D

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well the breeder who sold me my Mr. Wilson said he would be mostly filled out at 18 months. I feel like like his head kept widening out even after 2 years.

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
Our breeder said that the head can take up to 3 years to fully fill out, and is usually the LAST thing to grow.

My bully currently has long, gangly legs and looks like a hybrid pup!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.