fustrated with jameson

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i know jameson is depressed. he hasn't been seeing sean(ex) and titan as often as he used to...mostly because he changed his work schedule and no longer works midnights but days. so i think jameson is not taking it to well(i know most people would say it's a dog but we all know they know). I need find something that he will play with. He has all these toys here but all he does is sulk. But as soon as he goes to Seans he grabs all the toys and wants to play. He will chase the flashlight for a minute at my place...but get him to seans and 20 minutes later he is still going. I take him to camp bowwow every saturday and he LOVES it there but I can't take him during the week. I had to start getting firm with him because he has been pulling a huge attitude with me...i even pulled the clicker out from training this morning. Yesterday while I was at work he pulled my closet apart. He didn't chew he just pulled everything out...opened bags and pulled everything out...Sean picked him up last week and found him sleeping in my closet. he had pulled the clothes i had piled to donate out and spread them out and was sound asleep

SO he has every toy out there but there has to be something that will get him excited...and a puppy is not the kinda toy i am looking at. hahaha

steph

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How sad. There is no way to keep the 2 pups together? You have both and Sean has both at the same time? Would be easier I would think to keep Titan out of the picture altogether maybe than letting him have glimpses of his old life. How sad. These pups DO really have so much emotion, it can be downright sad to see. :( Poor baby.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The only suggestion that I have is time. From the sound of it things have changed at home? It's going to be an adjustment for everybody including Jameson. I hate when people say things like "he's just a dog, he doesn't know any better" because we all know that isn't true. Unfortunately, I don't think any toy in the store is going to take the place of his best bud. I'm sure the visits help, but he will learn that he also has you and it will get easier. :hug:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Is there anyway your ex would be willing to alternate days where each of you would have both dogs? So that they are together more? Other than that, maybe more interactive toys?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Awww don't get frustrated he can sense that - he needs time and extra TLC. He's like a child going through a divorce...be loving and understanding.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Best toy in Kains box is a deer antler... Nothing else gets his attention like it does. If they don't show interest a quick boil in water, or chicken broth should do the trick.

I'm not sure about giving in to what he wants as he will just realize it worked and you may make things worse or harder next time.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
I don't want to deny jameson time with sen and titan. I can't punish him. And honestly things were great till he switched his work schedule. Some crap about tired of working midnights. Needing a life blah blah.... Im kidding. He needed the change. And we do try and alternate. He takes jameson. And i will take titan. We still hang out( i know weird) but we have remained good friends. But jameson is just not happy. He has deer antlers, balls, tug toys, bones. Etc. he doesnt chew antlers unless titan is around. Wont play tug unless sean is around. I just cant motivate him without sean and titan. Basically Mama is NO FUN :(.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Oh i even went as far as facetiming sean last night so he could talk to jameson. It was so sad. Jameson just sat there looking all sad. Hahha

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Is there a reason they rnt together at each home? Like both with you then both with him? Would be harder on you when they r gone but better for the puppies maybe?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jameson is my dog and titan is seans...we got them at seperate times...before we ever dated. but i think of titan as mine and sean thinks of jameson as his...if something ever happened to either of us no matter where we are in life the other of us would take their dog. it's an agreement both of our families know about. we really do love each others dogs like our own...but this schedule change is brutal...

basically jameson is acting like an only child who is NOT getting his way....i wonder where he got that from??? not his mama...:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.