Lazy much?!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So my little Winston used to like going outside in the yard and going for walks! He has recently turned a year old and he has calmed down ALOT! In fact all he wants to do is sleep, sleep, and sleep some more! lol! When we try to get him to go outside he rolls over like a little turtle on his back and swats at us LOL! :lmao: Our walks now consist of me walking in front of him waving a treat while my husband is saying come on Winston go get the treat! lol. Does anyone else go through this?? Then we get the one random spurt of energy for him to run down the hallway andddd plop on the floor and start snoring lol! Here are some pics of my lazy butterball!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 117
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 122
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 115

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
When we try to get him to go outside he rolls over like a little turtle on his back and swats at us LOL!
:laugh: The image in my head is hilarious, Winston is such a cutie!
I have noticed that since the weather has gotten warmer, Rook's walks have become A LOT slower. It takes FOR-EV-ER just to get to the end of the block. Poor pups!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you!! : ) I have to try to get a video of it the next time he rolls over on his back. It is so funny! I know I feel so bad for him now that it's getting warmer! I think that could be part of the reason he is slowing down too! He loves his fan though he lays in front of it and when it gets cooler if i turn it off he barks at me lol! Like Mom what the heck! So cute I love him! :heart:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Our walks now consist of me walking in front of him waving a treat while my husband is saying come on Winston go get the treat! lol. Does anyone else go through this??

This is exactly what my mother and son have to do to get Abby outside. She refuses to go with them so they walk down the street waving sweet potato treats :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
All my dogs like to walk but if my BabyGirl hears a motorbike or a car backfire she turns right around and runs as fast as her short lil legs can carry her. She's got a chubby butt so it's hysterical from my point of view.:lol:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Has to be the weather. Raven never likes to walk outside for long stretches, she is not a fan of cars. So we pretty much stay in the yard. Since it's been warming up she meanders to go out and potty and then once she is done she tends to just pick another spot and lay down. When I finally coax her to get up she takes forever to walk the few feet back into the house. We have a very small one step up to the door frame and to see her climb it you would think she was either overweight or trying to climb a mountain.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Has to be the weather. Raven never likes to walk outside for long stretches, she is not a fan of cars. So we pretty much stay in the yard. Since it's been warming up she meanders to go out and potty and then once she is done she tends to just pick another spot and lay down. When I finally coax her to get up she takes forever to walk the few feet back into the house. We have a very small one step up to the door frame and to see her climb it you would think she was either overweight or trying to climb a mountain.

Too cute, they are definitely one of a kind! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is soooooooooooooo precious!

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Oh Winston! That's funny. I bet it has something to do with the weather too. If its hot out Einstein just automatically plops down and rolls over on his side like its too hot to even go pee! But he usually gets bursts of energy in the evening and wants you to chase him around the living room. But after a couple laps he's back on the couch!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oh Winston! That's funny. I bet it has something to do with the weather too. If its hot out Einstein just automatically plops down and rolls over on his side like its too hot to even go pee! But he usually gets bursts of energy in the evening and wants you to chase him around the living room. But after a couple laps he's back on the couch!

They are too much!! lol! :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am having this problem at the moment with Ftse of getting him outside I guess our's is that we are in winter and I have the heater on inside and he does not want to go out in the cold, not that it is that cold still about 22 celsius but it is cool for us. Winston is like myself hate the heat!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.