What a weekend!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
As if from an old Flintstones cartoon, I fell in the kitchen on Saturday morning. I was getting something out of the bottom drawer of the fridge, stood up and hit my head one the shelves on the door. The shelf popped off and crashed to the floor sending salad dressings and mayo and pickles and olives everywhere! I didn't realize that the Caesar dressing bottle had broken, so I try to not step on the Abby trying to eat everything on the floor, I wasn't paying attention, stepped in the dressing and landed firmly on my butt. I hit so hard I couldn't feel my legs. 6 hours in the ER, everything checks out and I'm home in bed.

Sunday morning mom comes over to help me. She had been babysitting her grand nieces (ages 4 & 5) for the weekend and brought the girls with her to my house. Mom is vacuuming the couch when I limp out of my room looking for Abby, can't find her anywhere. I walk in the living room and see the door wide open :eek: We think one of the little girls left it open. OMG where's my dog! I start yelling, everyone is tearing through the house looking for her. We're calling her, I'm crying, my son and now my neighbors are looking all over the neighborhood for her. Can't find the Abby anywhere.

The only thing I can think to do is call the police. I get in the house, as I'm running for the phone I see ↓↓this↓↓

IMG_20120610_125039.jpg IMG_20120610_125016.jpg

Half the neighborhood is out looking for her and she's sleeping peacefully under the pillows :cursing:

They all tell me it was payback. That she was getting even with me for what I did on Saturday from the hospital. I kept calling the house phone and calling her name into the answering machine :ROFL:

:hmm: or maybe it was the blueberry thing? (video of that to follow lol)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
OMG that is hilarious. Well the part about Abby hiding in the couch anyhow. Poor thing, you must have had a heart attack, I know I panic when there is no open door but I cant find one of the "kids". How are you feeling today? That sounds like a terrible fal, have hurt my tail bone but never lost feeling to me legs, that is scary.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: And :ROFL:

Poor you! Wow..how frightening to fall and not have the feeling in your legs! :ohmy: You were very lucky...young Lady!!! I hope you are resting and not pushing it too much today!

Sweet Abby..you wore her out with all that crank calling! I've felt that "missing pet" panic before...:whew:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my, what a weekend is right! I hope you are okay... What an awful tumble you took. Glad Abby was there, if she got lost I think we would all be freaking out right along with you!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
omigosh and wow! So thankful that our bullies love napping even when there's a chance to go outside!

And poor you, all around ... you need a break!

And who said life was boring? lol.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm fine thanks :) I have a lot of hardware and nerve damage in my back to begin with so any fall can be bad. I entertained myself with the phone calls to Abby. :) I thought it was funny. I guess she didn't :laugh:

I have no idea how she got up under all those pillows without knocking them down either. My mom is positive she wasn't there when she put the pillows on the loveseat to clean the couch.

(sorry for the blurry pictures, my hands were still shaking when I took them)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww so glad she was safe & sound. Hope you feel better! That is a wild weekend whew!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh you must have been so scared! Good thing she was playing hide and seek :laugh: I know you already had some problems with your back so I hope your all good and relaxing now and taking it easy! No more playing hide and seek for a little just relaxing :)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
They are sneaky little devils....lol

Glad you're okay and Abby is safe and sound.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you are OK and Abby is safe, nothing worst than thinking your baby is missing.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Glad you're ok - you were lucky not have fallen on the glass. I can't help to laugh, so...:laugh: :ROFL:. OH sweet Abby found a nice quite spot to get away from it all. :angel:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Phew!!! What a weekend you had!! Sorry to hear about your fall .... and it does sound like something out of a slapstick comedy!!!

I've had the sickening feeling of thinking I've lost one of mine. The most annoying thing is that you are screaming their name out at the top of your voice and they totally ignore us.

If we acted a little calmer and didn't go into full scale panic mode then we would realize that all you have to do is reach for the treats!!! Mine know the opening of the fridge/freezer drawer from the very end of the yard!!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
HAHAHA! She's looking out like, "so... were you looking for ME?" I'm glad she was safe at home. I can't imagine how scared you were... I would have been freaking out too!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my bev you are having a time of it. i missed this thread. im sorry you hurt yourself but that stuff about abby is funny. calling her on there phone and talking to her. poor abby had to go hide in the couch. im glad this had a good ending for abby. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.