1 week down , life time to go

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Ok ,so it has been a week since we got Ralphie and he is adjustng well to us, him and Mooshi well not sure.They are ok on a walk ,not letting them really near eachother yet until he gets a clean bill of health and updated on shots and his junk clipped (dont have vet appt for almost 3 weeks they couldent take him yet) They sniff through there crates and seem ok but yesterday i had them outside leashed and MooShi was pulling on leash to get near him (she really has never been around other dogs so doesent no how to act or play) so I dont no if he took as a threat and lunged at her growling. He dident get her ,but I DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL!!! Im afraid of them fighting.Ive seen my brothers 2 females fight and holly sh#@ that is scary .They have had stitches ,drains and all!My question is is this gonna get better.I no its only been a week and am not gonna give up Ill gate up this whole friggin houes if I have to to keep them apart cause he is not going anywhere he deserves a good life and hit the lotto with us lol. sorry so long. Am I panicking to soon?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It takes a long time to get them to figure out their pack order. When we got miila all was good for a while but then she wanted to get in the pack and as high up as possible naturally so she got real crazy. what worked for us was just being in charge. Hand feeding did a lot of good cuz it showed her I was in charge. plus it gives you one on one time to work on tricks, sit stay etc. also when bad behavior like this comes up submit immediately. Lay across their chest with your fingers in the side of their neck as if they r teeth. Hold until they submit and then wait a couple minutes after before letting up. Miila would get toy or bone aggressive so she would have to sit and watch the others chew until they were done then I would let her have it. Being so new it is hard to know what the problems will be exactly but have faith that you can get thru them with constant work. Takes some time and is totally exhausting cuz you have to be on top of them all the time. Took about 6 tiring, long months before miila finally found her spot and very rarely is there ever a problem with fighting. I Learned everything from ebn and it saved us big time. You will get much more great advice so hang in there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks for advice,I am hopeful everything works out and I agree it is exhausting lol

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you must know it in your mind and heart that you are the leader. They must know this also. Before they can know it, you must show it. Confidence is key. Like [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] has said, aggression is not allowed and how to handle it. If they get along on walks that's a great place to start , as many as you can get in. They are Bully's and can't do a whole lot of walking, so if they are tired too, they are less likely to make a fuss over each other.

If you have separate crates, with blankets in, try switching up the blankets. Kind of like forcing the sent on each other. As you said about one not having shots yet. If they go potty in the same yard they are already exposed to anything the other may have.

You ask if you are panicking to soon, ???? perhaps, for me, I always like to get the introduction over with so I know where we stand, and go from there. I like to think that they are going to get along before I would leash them apart. But that's just me, maybe I think they will handle the introduction on their own before they need intervention.

When I have other Bully's visit at my home, I just have the owner and bully walk right through the front door, everyone goes crazy sniffing at each other and any growling to be had will be followed by me pinning them on the floor. Peggy Sue is the only one that ever growls or gets snappy, after she gets pinned very quickly, nothing more comes out it.
Please let me know how everything goes. And give it as much time as you see fit.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] hit it on the nose, great advise.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thank you all for advice ,I have not had a chance to respond because my Grandmother ended up in ICU at hosp over weekend. I dont let them party in the same spot because of his shots or lack of shots.I will give suggestions a try and let ya no how it works out ,thanks again.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks,still no change (she has pnemonia) but we are hopeful shes a tuff old lady 88yrs

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.