So most of you will think Im crazy....

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
P7100015.jpg <== shaves my Himalayan. After the initial embarrassment he seems to suffer, he's happy as a clam to have all that old hair off.

I didn't know you could shave a short haired dog. It never occurred to me. I say do whatever keeps them comfortable.

I do like the sunscreen and jacket idea if you keep this up. Bo's little head gets sunburned so easily and he's not shaved. I gotta really watch him.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
He still has enough hair as he is not shaved to the skin and hes lazy so no worries for sunburn since he likes to go out to potty and right back in. He seems to like outside more in the winter....??? Silly boy.But the owner at the pet store suggested it saying his allergies were the same way with his pug so they shaved her once and liked it so they keep her that way. I thought well a pug is as short haired as a bullie so I had to figure something out so we did it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I used to shave my yellow lab down in the summer. It does cut down on shedding. I'm considering doing it with my boys. How much did you tell the groomer to take off, just curious?

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
The mgr tokd her how to do it because i tokd them i didnt want him bald. I will call on my lunch and see what size guard she used. Let u know shortly

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
It really does help with shedding and now that you wonderful people have made me feel its ok, I think we will stay like this atleast through the summer. Only have to do it once every 2 months or so. :) and he is soft which i love

You may have started a trend :-) I think Dublin would look hilarious as she is all white except for her ears and one eye. She has tons of black pigment spots beneath her white coat so can't imagine how crazy that would look. We shave our Maine Coon cat and have done for years. We live in FL so the least amount of hair the better :-)

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I'm so doing this with spunky!!!!! We live in Texas and her hair is long and my husbands allergic to it! This is truly genius lol

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We shave Roxy every summer but Abby doesn't shed that much at all. But shaving really does help with the mess.

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] can you let me know what guard they used?! Also-spunky is 6 months that's not too young right?? She sheds and itches like crazy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry if they r sideways not too good posting from phone. As u can see he still has hair just not as long and virtually shedless

In that first picture he looks like he has a mohawk! :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.