So most of you will think Im crazy....

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He looks like he's really soft now (though I'm sure he actually feels a little rougher LOL). It sounds like it was a good solution for all!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I agree he looks good! Very neat and cooler! I say keep it for the summer season at least.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks all :) he was shedding horribly. No bald spots but we could sweep a full large dustpan up every day not counting what is on carpet etc. Like i said he feels much cooler and I am much much happier. He almost shed none now. I did take him to a groomer because i was too scared to do it myself. She didnt cut his face or head but ahe blended him so he would look normal. I think Im gonna keep him this way for a while...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OMGosh,,,, I love it,, you have given me the desire to do the same, with so many here this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing, he looks really good and healthy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION], I think your on to something here!! I showed Joe the pictures and he said it wouldn't hurt to shave Vegas, he is not shedding very much at all, it is just high 90's here and he is always itching. I personally love it. Less hair less things for the allergens to hang on too.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION], I think your on to something here!! I showed Joe the pictures and he said it wouldn't hurt to shave Vegas, he is not shedding very much at all, it is just high 90's here and he is always itching. I personally love it. Less hair less things for the allergens to hang on too.

Exactly , I showed my husband too. But he's not much interested in my obsessions with my bully's

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Exactly , I showed my husband too. But he's not much interested in my obsessions with my bully's

Joes not into my obsession either, but he does think it makes sense...less hair...less allergens that will stick...easier to wipe down when he comes in from going potty!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joes not into my obsession either, but he does think it makes sense...less hair...less allergens that will stick...easier to wipe down when he comes in from going potty!!

I'm wondering how all the wrinkles on Griz and Peg would do, the short hair growing out would get itchy and poke them in the folds? hummm, still thinking about it though

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
that looks nice. Watson went through a shedding phase about 1 month ago but since then the shedding is much better. If he sheds like crazy again I am gonna try to shave him like this

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] i didnt have his face shaved only his body so he wont be itchy in his folds. We love it. Havent noticed any itching as of yet and we had it done over a week ago

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow i think he looks terrific. sarah doesnt shed so i dont have to worry bout doing her.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
my friend has a pug that he shaves regularly. he says it does decrease the shedding and the fur is alot softer since it is mainly the undercoat like puppy fur. I am not sure if bulldogs have much of an undercoat.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I think it looks great! I had never thought of doing that but youve gave me an idea to do Abbys when shes full grown. That would help so much in the summer...I think he looks better really. Go you.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
It really does help with shedding and now that you wonderful people have made me feel its ok, I think we will stay like this atleast through the summer. Only have to do it once every 2 months or so. :) and he is soft which i love

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.