So most of you will think Im crazy....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
But after months and months of dealing with the horrific shedding......several food cahnges to make sure it wasnt his food, lots of shampoos, fish oil, many vet visits and sweeping and vaccuming a hundred times a day, I could not take it anymore. I was at my wits end and even though I could never imagine my life without this mean guy......I have done the unthinkable...i had Chaos shaved. Not to the skin but to about half the length of his hair. He looks the same practically, but its unbeleiveable how much it has helped. I felt teally bad at first, but now I think he feels better and I am so much happier. Not sure if I will do it again, because I feel like a bad mommy, but my allergies were uncontrollable and I was miserable all the time...sick. We could go to work and kennel him for 6 hours and when we got home, his kennel had a thick layer of hair and the floor around him had wads.....yet he never looked as if he lost any hair at all....am I wrong for doing that and possibly thinking of keeping him this way?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I'm sure Chaos is just fine and we have to do what is best for the family as a whole. The shedding can be unbelievable and very difficult to keep up with. I hope this helps everyone especailly you and Chaos..Good Luck. You are not wrong, you are a good mom :-)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Whatever works, just really watch him in the sun and use sunscreen! If you keep him shaved all year he should have a jacket to wear outside when it is cold. I have found that my brindles shed more than fawn and red.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How funny. I Saw a bully at Petsmart being shaved a long time ago and it drove me nuts trying to figure out why. Maybe this is the reason. Lol nothing wrong with it, if it works for you then good. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
There is nothing wrong with shaving a bully anymore than any other dog. You live in the south...it's hot and humid. you are happier with the results. It accomplished what you wanted it to. He probably feels better too. You said he didn't look bad. So stop beating yourself up over a conformity issue and just do what works to keep your family happy!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't think you are crazy. In fact I would love to see a pic!

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Sorry if they r sideways not too good posting from phone. As u can see he still has hair just not as long and virtually shedless

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339356391464.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339356391464.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 158
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339356402002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339356402002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 155
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339356412528.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339356412528.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 156
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339356422711.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339356422711.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 164
OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
He does look two colors because on his sides he was a lighter red than down his back so now its super light. Thats the only thing i really dislike about the haircut

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I think he looks great! I am wondering if I should do the same thing with Gracie... Although her fur is not very long, Coopers is longer than hers. But she is losing hair and has all these bald spots on her. Almost looks like it is growing back a darker color but I am just wondering why she is losing it. My daughter said maybe she is getting a new coat but then again we both think it looks weird and vet said no infection, said maybe allergies. Doesn't bother her but it bothers me. I don't want anyone thinking she is sick or has something wrong with her. Did you take him to the groomer or do it yourself? How bad was he shedding? Cooper and gracie have been shedding a lot too, but we thought it was just seasonal. But it has been like this for over a month. We use the zoom groom brush thing and get so much hair off...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He looks happy Paula..and if you are happy too..that's all that matters! My daughter shaves her big Golden every June..he loves it!! Chaos looks great! :up:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I think he looks great! It's a very good idea and I'm thinking others may want to do that as well especially when the weather is warm. Seems like it would be so much easier to bathe your dog. I like a clean cut man but I think I'm liking the look of a clean cut bulldog too! Go for it! :yes2:

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Thanks all :) he was shedding horribly. No bald spots but we could sweep a full large dustpan up every day not counting what is on carpet etc. Like i said he feels much cooler and I am much much happier. He almost shed none now. I did take him to a groomer because i was too scared to do it myself. She didnt cut his face or head but ahe blended him so he would look normal. I think Im gonna keep him this way for a while...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.