He knows.......

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Some of you know, some don't my 27 year old son is in prison for drug offences. It has been a hard road for me to accept, but I have accepted it. I am not happy and I am so sad. He was raised right and graduated with honors, had scholorships to any college he wanted...and chose drugs....tonight Vegas is passed out snoring loudly and I get the call.."will you accept a call from inmate Brandon from ***" I accepted and talked and hung up and cried my eyes out...Vegas got up from his nights slumber and jumped up beside me and started licking my face off, he put all his weight on me and he just knew....I love how he knows and comforts me...I just wanted to share. I :heart: my Vegas, he loves me no matter what. I have never had so unconditional love that I have had from my Vegas, and I love him the same. I am just so sad.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: ohhhh Kelly....Vegas senses your sadness and loves you so much. Remember...this is the path your son chose. Maybe..just maybe.. he will come out of this a grown up..he's safe right now...and look upon it as a chance for him to take charge and have the life you want for him. It is in his lap Kelly...you've done more than most. :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm getting teary eyed after reading this. Vegas is there for you...comforting you and loving you. We're also here for you, Kelly! :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is the greatest feeling... unconditional love - enjoy your Vegas' love. You are a great mama, skin and fur.... :hug:

Thanks for sharing - it warmed my heart and gave me the sense of what it was like when I had my boy

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh kelly that was a sad tale we can only guide them the best we can, so glad you have vegas to love and he love you back.

We are thinking of you and stay strong and hopefully it will all work out in the end.
br 144.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Here's the good news: he's somewhere where he can change his life, if he chooses to. Prison is a crappy place BUT there are opportunities there for the guys and gals looking for them. Just remember: his life is his problem. Nothing you can do now except support his recovery, should he chose that path. :hug:

For the time being, he's relatively safe and unable to hurt other people with his drug nonsense. So that's good news!

Sadly, I know far more about this topic than I care to know.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm sorry you're so sad. I'll never understand the power of drugs over people. When my daughter was two and still not talking the first thing her speech therapist asked was, "Did you do drugs?" I was taken aback because I've always been a shy person and never delved into that world. I didn't even take an antacid or aspirin even though I had horrible morning sickness, headaches and heartburn, to make sure my babies had every advantage before coming into this world. My daughter has a thyroid deficiency which might of contributed to her problems. The speech therapist said most of her clients were what she called her "drug babies." I think that's when I realized how bad drugs were and how they impacted even the next generations. I'm not that ignorant to believe that my now adult children haven't tried/done drugs. According to my daughter kids are doing drugs on the way to school on the bus. There were times when I picked up my son from high school that he looked a bit too sleepy and it made my stomach churn. We do our best to raise our kids right and that they will have the wisdom to know how to navigate through this world of good and bad things. I'm grateful my only son is in his own home, single, working and just enjoys playing his online games for now. Hopefully he will find a good partner but if not that's ok too. He will be 30 this month. But then again he could of easily gone down the wrong path. Your son is still young and there is still time for him to reevaluate his future. Praying for good things to happen for him. He's already got a great mama who cares so much. Give that incredible Vegas a big hug for being a great shoulder! Dogs just have a special place in our hearts that's hard to put into words but are just as special as the people we love.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
You are in my thoughts as you navigate this tough road. :hug: That is what is wonderful about bulldogs - they are so in tune to our emotions. You never gave up on Vegas and gave him love and care so now he is a happy, healthy dog....now it is Vegas' turn to give you the support and unconditional love you need to get through this time. Thank goodness for our bullie babies!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
As others have said, we do our best with out kids. We teach them right from wrong and we point them in the right direction. After that, it's on them to stay where we've sent them. My ex-husband was an addict. I know what these things can do to a person, how it clouds their mind. As long as he knows you love him, he will come out of this a better person.

And Vegas!! Oh my Vegas. :luv: What a special boy you have there :

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Positive thoughts and prayers for you during this time. :love: Vegas Vegas such a special boy! He knows mama needed some lovin...So amazing how they comfort during times like this! Keep your head up and stay strong :hug:

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I'm sorry you are sad! I have a 26 year old cousin in jail for drugs after violating parole and having to serve the rest of his sentence out and it's very tough for our family and for my aunt as well. She doesn't have a bully support system, though! :) My Tonka knows when I am sad and he crawls in my lap and gives me kisses too, he just hates to see me upset. Give Vegas big hugs and you will feel better every time. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.