Would You Rename Them?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I was just thinking about this today for some reason...if you had it to do all over again would you give your bully a different name?

Both my current bullies came to me with the names they have now Bre and Tank. I didn't change them because they knew their names and I didn't want to confuse them. My sweet departed bully though...he had bounced through a few homes and was first known as "Cuddles" (for a male bulldog?! lol) then as DOG...yes dog...you read that right. Then when he came to me we landed on the name Jack and it stayed that way till he passed.

So...for those of you that didn't get to name your own bully or just had lots of names in mind...would you change it if you could do the naming all over again?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
nope that would confuse me :lol:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf and I started to think of names when we first saw Stig's picture. We talked about it for days and we couldn't agree on anything until one of us (can't exactly remember who) mentioned Stig, the main car driver from the show Top Gear who wears an all white racing suit. It was right then when we both had this "That's it!" look on our faces. I still think it suits Stiggy perfectly and would never change it.

Punkin, on the other hand, sounded so girly to us. My bf thought it would confuse him too much if we change it since he's already 4.5yo and answers to it. So to masculine it up, I added Brutus ... Punkin Brutus ... the manly counterpart of Punky Brewster. lol.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I had Nigel's name way before I had Nigel so no but I love the name 'Ian' so if I could have another male then he would be my Ian.
My car is Ian for now...and my iPhone is Iggy. Yea I name everything...lol I'm weird but it's the new cool ya know!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We had Nitschke and Banks selected WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY before we actually brought them into our lives -- so, no I would not. And, we have three or four names ready for the next one!!! :D

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had Ftse picked out years ago for when I got a Bully, his breeder had named him Arrow and when I paid my deposit she asked me what I was going to name him and she included it in his pedigree name - PHATAZBULLZ FTSEMYGOODLUCKBOY so Ftse was only 8 weeks old when he came home with us and he got used to his name pretty much straight away.
br 144.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
No, I like the names ours have, plus each of them have two or three names we call them anyways, and they respond to all of them.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I wouldn't change her name for all the money in China. She has too much ABBITUDE to call her anything else lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH was Gracie Girl and because we weren't sure if she would be confused we kept Gracie. But she answers to "Where's my Princess?" as much as anything. So we probably could have changed her name completely if we would have wanted to.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
I would if the name was something jacked up...like Dog (who does that?! lol) We renamed our Boxer because his name was Rebel. His mom was Dixie and his dad was Willie. Not really my taste...

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I had a couple of other names in mind for Schultz (he was going to be Oscar or Otto) but I got to know him the first week he lived with us in the emergency vet clinic isolation room and he was being called puppy Winter ....almost didn't make it and I couldn't think straight enough to call him by any name....but when he rebounded and was going to be released ...to drive him home I put him in a soft carrier that fluffy dogs get carried around in and he escaped and I had to pull over and readjust everything and he just had this "I know nothing" look that I knew his name was Sgt. Schultz ....the Sgt. Dropped pretty quickly because he is just such a Schultz!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas was Doc before we got him. We were going to keep Doc as part of his name. You know Doc Hollywood? We were going to name him Doc Vegas....but that lasted until we left the breeders house. Now he is Addicted 2 Vegas.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
No, I like the names ours have, plus each of them have two or three names we call them anyways, and they respond to all of them.

Me too.

Bo gets called a lot of different names. "Monkey Boy", being the most frequent. Since dog's don't speak English, it's the tone anyway. :D I know. I know. I think mine know EXACTLY what I am saying too -- but that's impossible. They are dogs, after all. Just sayin'.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.