question?

jay palmer

May 29, 2012
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beuford T Justice and Ellie Mae
We have a new english bulldog puppy, Beuford, picked up at 8wks old and the breeder had him on science diet puppy food and we gradually switched him over to grain free Innova puppy. He's been on Innova only for a week now, and his poop is like soft serve ice cream, is that normal or should we be concerned or be changing food?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Has his :poo: been checked for parasites? Did you do a slow switch gradually mixing old food with new food? Science Diet is not a good food in my opinion..I dont know much about Innova but it could be maybe you are feeding too much also...You can add some pumpkin (not pie filling) to his food about 1bsp to see if that helps with his soft :poo:

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I put some real canned pumpkin in a kong and freeze it and give it to mine. The pumpkin does work.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can help..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Innova is a much richer and higher quality of food than SD.... Are you feeding the same amount as before? If so cut back a bit, even as little as 1/4 c per day too much can cause the poopies.

Already mentioned was slow switch, so if you did not that will also cause the poopies. Skip a meal (or make it really tiny) and add a tsp of REAL canned pumpkin. If you still see no improvement try the bland diet.

If you don't get positive results with those things please have a fecal test done to make sure there is no parasites. Worms, giardia and coccidia are common in puppies and can cause major digestive issues if left untreated. I recommend anyone who gets a new pup have a fecal done at their first vet visit just to be sure all is clear. So you probably would want this done anyway if you have not already done so.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online