Aldo and Katara have an introduction to make...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a cutie alright, going to be a handsome boy.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
He is just so adorable, what a great name.
br 144.jpg

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Oh my goodness! What a perfect name! I love him, I can't wait to see him grow up!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I was reading your post and I was scrolling down came to the pic ..... it took my breath away. How could you not love that little bundle!!!???

I think you may be worrying too much. This little "chunky monkey" may be the balance that you have been looking for. I have yet to have any of my dogs feel threatened by a little baby so don't worry. They are not going to see him as a threat at all so don't worry about having the first meeting on their territory. When we have introduced all of our new babies to the pack we always do it the same way. We usually get all the dogs locked off somewhere and I bring in the new addition. Then I sit on the floor against the wall with my legs straight out in a "v" and sit the newcomer right up against my body between my legs. I feel that this way I am claiming him/her but I'm not holding them so they are not higher than the pack. Once the rest of the dogs are let out they usually come galloping up to greet me and then come to a grinding halt when they realise there is some new "thing" there too. Usually one by one they pluck up the courage to meet the new addition by sniffing a LOT. All the time I hold the new baby against me, claiming them as mine and making it clear they are under my protection. If I get the vibe that it's all very relaxed and the sniffing is going well I let them start to mingle. It hasn't failed me yet, but you need the conviction that you ARE the boss and you ARE in charge. Dogs will sense this immediately and fall in with whatever the boss/pack leader requires of them.

This is exactly the way to introduce a puppy. Puppies have never been a threat to my older dog(s). Bruno Cannoli is adorable. I love the name. Congratulations!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I sure hope so @RescueMe as @2BullyMama would say If I am fearful and nervous they will pick up on it so I jave 6 weeks to accept the idea and be as positive ad I can for all 3 of them..

Absolutely! Plan to have Aldo and Katara meet the puppy some where BEFORE you bring him home and then when you get home... you enter the house before any of the dogs and the puppy should enter last.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
before Dolly came home, I had the privilage of visits. And I would visit once or twice a week, drove Brenda the breeder nuts not doubt. I would hold her and get the scent of her on me and take it home for Jack to enjoy, eventually I took him along for a visit but kept him in the car, opened up the hatch and left him smell her. When it was time for her to come home, it was like nobody's bussiness. Just another day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Are Aldo and Katara considered adult in this respect? They will be 10.5 months when Bruno comes home..

Heck no they are naughty teenagers! But bringing in a puppy is more acceptable to them then another older dog for some reason they don't feel them to be as much of a threat I guess?

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hey there! I'm not across all the instruction re posting on here. Just find this site incredibly hard to navigate. On the plus side, I do gets alerts on my facebook page whenever someone posts and that's when I saw your post about your Bruno. My Bruno is 2.162681_1746111980585_1472366072_31860984_3345728_n.jpg
Here he is, we love him to pieces. He's not a big BB. He only weighs 22.2 kgs. I freak out reading some of these posts sometimes cos there's so much that can go wrong with these beautiful dogs. Bru is our first BB so we're very new to this world. Please keep in touch, I love anything related to BB's. Gloria

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Cannoli is adorable. Now I have to go find the other thread.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I thought about this for 2 long days....
I cannot turn my back on him.. If he is meant to be with us, then I will make it work.. We might have to eat out less and I will probably have to work a little more, and work with all three of them.. there will be struggles and challenges and I gladly accept them... I will not be comfortable with my decision if I let him go.. not knowing if he is ok, or neglected; well fed and loved for, or not.. I might not be able to help all the dogs I want to help, but he was selected for me, and I cannot let him go...

Then i saw his picture and my heart stopped for a second, and I just knew he is mine...
Here he is:
Bruno Cannoli
4735711f.jpg

He is a mini Gizmo isn't he @RaRett

I really appreciate your advice to those who commented on my other thread.. you guys are really like family to me.. :meeting:

WOW closer than you can imagine !
6222353775_08b865ae5c.jpg
[/URL] baby gizmo17 by Rettinger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.