Aldo and Katara have an introduction to make...

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
She did accept them. What I did with all of them is that I went into the house and sat with Gracie and my daughters brought the frenchies and Mikey in. Let her sniff, then let her down to see what would happen. We were at the ready..It worked.

I know sometimes it works better if you are neutral territory.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
yes or a dog park. Just something they are not used to...

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
That is a good idea.. I will have to figure out my schedule and see how I can get A & K out of the house to introduce them after I come back from the trip..

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I definitely see the resemblance
cannoli.jpg

:lmao:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ana, I'm so happy for you :up:

You made a thoughtful and RIGHT decision, I believe! I've been thinking of #3 myself and now you've given me a little more encouragement.

I know you and your hubby will make it work and things will work out for the very best. Congrats on the cute Cannolli !!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
really [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]? how exciting!! I think Tate and Finn would be the most handsome big brothers in the world! :D

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] where are you? this is usually the time you are connected, I am waiting for you before I go to sleep!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was reading your post and I was scrolling down came to the pic ..... it took my breath away. How could you not love that little bundle!!!???

I think you may be worrying too much. This little "chunky monkey" may be the balance that you have been looking for. I have yet to have any of my dogs feel threatened by a little baby so don't worry. They are not going to see him as a threat at all so don't worry about having the first meeting on their territory. When we have introduced all of our new babies to the pack we always do it the same way. We usually get all the dogs locked off somewhere and I bring in the new addition. Then I sit on the floor against the wall with my legs straight out in a "v" and sit the newcomer right up against my body between my legs. I feel that this way I am claiming him/her but I'm not holding them so they are not higher than the pack. Once the rest of the dogs are let out they usually come galloping up to greet me and then come to a grinding halt when they realise there is some new "thing" there too. Usually one by one they pluck up the courage to meet the new addition by sniffing a LOT. All the time I hold the new baby against me, claiming them as mine and making it clear they are under my protection. If I get the vibe that it's all very relaxed and the sniffing is going well I let them start to mingle. It hasn't failed me yet, but you need the conviction that you ARE the boss and you ARE in charge. Dogs will sense this immediately and fall in with whatever the boss/pack leader requires of them.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] Thank you so much!! You guys are really making me feel so much better so at their level! Very interesting! I will do exactly as you say.. Are they locked in a different room and then someone just opens the door? I can see them
running to greet me and freaking out when they see the pup. I am
not too worried about Aldo but Katara a little more.. They do have the electronic collar an if things get out of hand I can just give them a little vibration as a warning. Katara is extremely responsive to that..

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh my goodness Ana! Go to sleep and dream of your little cannoli. He's a complete piece of heaven! I'm sure he was chosen to be in your path because you too are an angel just here on earth.:angel:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.