Finally Picked up BREMBO.... So is this what having kids is like?!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's a good idea. Sometimes I take him out and he follows me to his poop spot and I give him his instruction ("ok Brembo, POOP STANCE"), and he just rolls over for me to pet his belly LOL. I usually counter this by walking away so he's forced to get up and move around more, and this usually prompts some type of pee or poop.

I should practice just waiting for him to go, but I want him to go on command.

We taught our pups the word 'potty' and they answer us when we ask if they have to go .... "Banks - do you have to go potty?' If there is a bark -- that is yes, no bark ... no potty :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Brembo is probably reacting to your girlfriend differently because women have 1) softer energy and 2) high baby talk voices when they see puppies. Find your voice like this when teaching "Come! Come! Come!" and other behaviors you desire. Eventually, you won't have to talk like you're inhaling helium and Brembo will be in the habit of doing whateveritis you want him to do.

Cats? My dogs love my cat Sushi - but they chase other cats - or try to / want to. (They aren't allowed this due to amount of cat-age in my neighborhood. My little neighbor ladies would be aghast!)

http://youtu.be/25uMW_gnPNc (My apologies to everyone who's already seen this poorly lit video of a giant 20 lb cat, wrestling with a 75 lb bulldog. Yes. I grow them big here.)

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
Brembo is probably reacting to your girlfriend differently because women have 1) softer energy and 2) high baby talk voices when they see puppies. Find your voice like this when teaching "Come! Come! Come!" and other behaviors you desire. Eventually, you won't have to talk like you're inhaling helium and Brembo will be in the habit of doing whateveritis you want him to do.

Cats? My dogs love my cat Sushi - but they chase other cats - or try to / want to. (They aren't allowed this due to amount of cat-age in my neighborhood. My little neighbor ladies would be aghast!)

http://youtu.be/25uMW_gnPNc (My apologies to everyone who's already seen this poorly lit video of a giant 20 lb cat, wrestling with a 75 lb bulldog. Yes. I grow them big here.)

First off, that's a hilarious video -- I hope my girlfriend's cat can get along that well with my dog.

Second, very interesting regarding the high-pitched voice thing. I can't get my voice to her level, but I guess I should try. I also read an article about teaching the dog to come when he's on a leash (otherwise you're simply reinforcing him to stay while he sits and looks at you), so we're trying this now.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Teaching a reliable "Come!" is the most important thing you'll ever teach your pup. So many dangers to avoid in that big ol' world out there!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.