Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally Picked up BREMBO.... So is this what having kids is like?!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Finally Picked up BREMBO.... So is this what having kids is like?!

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    This is just the worst video I have seen in a long time. He is totally out of control ... throwing himself around. I fear he is going to hurt himself and in the process do immense damage to all of your belongings. I think the best course of action is to send him to Ohio immediately to save you both from a life sentence of bully-servitude. I fear however that I may be too late .... **sigh**

haha Kazzy220 my thoughts exactly....Maine is waiting Brembo
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

No more help to add but I think I love him! My gawd what a handsome boy you have there. LOVE his round belly!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Oh yes, congtrats! He's adorable. Yes, that IS exactly what it is like having kids. My son is turing 18 next week and I now have Otis (4.5 mo old) I feel I have a baby all over again and you know what, I do!

He gives me a run for my money with his biting and constant observation but I am loving every minute of it - my heart has longed for him since I can remember and now that he is here back to square one I go, out with the old and in with the new...jk

Enjoy that sweet rolly polly boy!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

ImAGuinneyPig

He is super adorable! Congrats, Daddy!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

"I've been reading a lot and have read that the absolute best thing to do is just to keep his mouth stimulated with treats, food, and toys. So i'll continue to do this unless anyone has any other suggestions."

Don't 'reward' him for biting using food/treats. Distracting him with toys is great. It lets him know that the toys are ok to chew but not you. Exagerate that it hurts when he bites you as well.

He is adorabull!!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BREMBO
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    "I've been reading a lot and have read that the absolute best thing to do is just to keep his mouth stimulated with treats, food, and toys. So i'll continue to do this unless anyone has any other suggestions."

Don't 'reward' him for biting using food/treats. Distracting him with toys is great. It lets him know that the toys are ok to chew but not you. Exagerate that it hurts when he bites you as well.

He is adorabull!!!!!

Thanks, Bruce. I shouldn't have been so vague.... I only will give him his Nylabone or a chew toy, NEVER a treat that I would use for training.

Likes (Received)

He is adorable! I love that tiger-striped look. What a cutie! I don't have an answers to any of your puppy questions (we got Jackson when he was two), but I just had to comment.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajwhitt44 View Post
    That's a good idea. Sometimes I take him out and he follows me to his poop spot and I give him his instruction ("ok Brembo, POOP STANCE"), and he just rolls over for me to pet his belly LOL. I usually counter this by walking away so he's forced to get up and move around more, and this usually prompts some type of pee or poop.

I should practice just waiting for him to go, but I want him to go on command.
    We taught our pups the word 'potty' and they answer us when we ask if they have to go .... "Banks - do you have to go potty?' If there is a bark -- that is yes, no bark ... no potty
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Brembo is probably reacting to your girlfriend differently because women have 1) softer energy and 2) high baby talk voices when they see puppies. Find your voice like this when teaching "Come! Come! Come!" and other behaviors you desire. Eventually, you won't have to talk like you're inhaling helium and Brembo will be in the habit of doing whateveritis you want him to do.

Cats? My dogs love my cat Sushi - but they chase other cats - or try to / want to. (They aren't allowed this due to amount of cat-age in my neighborhood. My little neighbor ladies would be aghast!)

http://youtu.be/25uMW_gnPNc (My apologies to everyone who's already seen this poorly lit video of a giant 20 lb cat, wrestling with a 75 lb bulldog. Yes. I grow them big here.)

Bulldog(s) Names
    BREMBO
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Brembo is probably reacting to your girlfriend differently because women have 1) softer energy and 2) high baby talk voices when they see puppies. Find your voice like this when teaching "Come! Come! Come!" and other behaviors you desire. Eventually, you won't have to talk like you're inhaling helium and Brembo will be in the habit of doing whateveritis you want him to do.

Cats? My dogs love my cat Sushi - but they chase other cats - or try to / want to. (They aren't allowed this due to amount of cat-age in my neighborhood. My little neighbor ladies would be aghast!)

http://youtu.be/25uMW_gnPNc (My apologies to everyone who's already seen this poorly lit video of a giant 20 lb cat, wrestling with a 75 lb bulldog. Yes. I grow them big here.)
    First off, that's a hilarious video -- I hope my girlfriend's cat can get along that well with my dog.

Second, very interesting regarding the high-pitched voice thing. I can't get my voice to her level, but I guess I should try. I also read an article about teaching the dog to come when he's on a leash (otherwise you're simply reinforcing him to stay while he sits and looks at you), so we're trying this now.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Teaching a reliable "Come!" is the most important thing you'll ever teach your pup. So many dangers to avoid in that big ol' world out there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads