Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
My dad was against the spay, because he doesn't believe in it. I told him I don't care what pedigree she has, I'm not breeding her. The neighbor just killed me though. Why would I pay so much for her, put a lot of time in raising a healthy dog, then god knows how much tending to a litter and paying for a c-section only to turn around and give the pups away. If you are too cheap or can't afford to buy one, then you are definitely not going to care properly or my pup. Also why shoud I essentially give away my money.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I've done rescue in the past and it never ceases to amaze me the lack of information that people have regarding spaying/neutering/breeding. I have found that rather than getting annoyed, I view it as an opportunity to educate. I can explain the health benefits, the dangers of breeding, the costs of the dogs and also sing the praises of rescues. Some people just will never "get it" but others just never had the information and the reasons behind it.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hear! Hear!

I wish stupidity were painful. I really do. I mean... I REALLY do.

OHHHHH I LIKE THAT ! ! ! ! I hope you dont mind me using it :) cause ya know I'm gonna ! ! :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I know how you feel I get the same thing in regards to Karly. I will start telling them what it takes to breed them and how they require special attention when breeding. They get all surprised and shocked. They just don't get it and they never will. Only Bully Parents Know!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Add to the list of why , at times, I hate people <sigh>

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Unfortunately your neighbour is an arse-hole. I think we all agree on that one. There is a slim possibility that you may educate, but from what you say ... probably not. I would suggest that in future you take the friendly neighborly wave from afar approach from now on and ignore the stupid _ _ _ _ _ (insert your own word of choice here)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i sit here in amazement at people. i dont have this going on around me here and i am truly amazed that this kind of stuff goes on. i havent had anyone say to me these things im reading here. umbelievable. i got sarah for free and even then i would not consider breeding her to give pups to someone i know. geez

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
OHHHHH I LIKE THAT ! ! ! ! I hope you dont mind me using it :) cause ya know I'm gonna ! ! :)

Oh have it it [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] . It's not original to me. It sure does capture my fondest wishes though....perfectly, in fact.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.