Aggravated...two part rant

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We have new neighbors and she likes Raven. Raven loves everyone and anything. Everytime the neighbor sees Raven she wants to play with her. Everytime her husband sees it he seems to scowl and look annoyed. That alone annoys me. The second part is that people are very opinionated about the fact that I spayed her. I am not a breeder nor do I intend to breed my dog because people want a free dog. The neighbor asked me if I was going to spay her, so I said yes, she was already spayed . She goes on to tell me oh it would be so nice to see her have babies, yeah like that and a penny are not the reason the shelters are full right now. Then she goes on to tell me I would love to have one, I love her and could have gotten one from you for free/cheap. Umm my baby is a family member, not a mill baby or a breeding bitch. If you can't afford a EBD, nor want to pay to find a healthy one, then you for sure couldn't afford the vet bills that seem to come with these babies. That mess just aggravates me. It really takes a lot of balls to tell someone they shouldn't spray their dog because it would have been beneficial to you. Sorry for the rant, I just get so aggravated with people and their stupidity. :nonono:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
People are just too ignorant about the breed and some animals in general. Like you said that's why the rescues are full. Plus like you said if she wants a free on she would never take proper care of the bully either.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sometimes we just need to practice chanting.
This kind of irritant usually has me chanting the phrase "Water Off A Duck" until I can let it slide away like water off a duck.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]..I had to walk away. I would never presume to tell anyone that they made a wrong decision with their pet because it could possibly have been beneficial to me.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..when she told me that, I told her if you want one I can direct you to her breeder. She then tells me "yeah but you paid a lot for her, I would never pay anything like that for a dog.". Ignorant *** people. You pay for a quality dog and do your best to avoid health problems. She is also not "just a dog", she is family and one of my children.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Sometimes we just need to practice chanting.
This kind of irritant usually has me chanting the phrase "Water Off A Duck" until I can let it slide away like water off a duck.

Oh [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]! You are SO much nice than me! What I'd have said would've rhymed with "water off a duck" tho :tongue:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oh [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]! You are SO much nice than me! What I'd have said would've rhymed with "water off a duck" tho :tongue:

I only told you what I do to get over an irritant....I skipped over what I might think or even rant aloud prior to the chanting. :hissy:

wendykerr

Jun 3, 2012
Cibolo, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry aka Lawrence Tiberius
When we got Larry, I actually had friends google how much they cost in our area - then "judged" us for spending so much on a dog. They are also the people begging us to get a female so they could get a free dog. Umm.. ya.. not going to happen. Like was said above, if you can't afford to pay for a bully, then you really couldn't afford the vet bills that come with them! :)

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We are dealing with almost the same thing, and we don't have ours yet! Everyone keeps telling us to breed because we could make lots of money and since we are paying so much for her, that we should try and get some back.... ummmm no. I'm not gonna breed my dog so family and friends get them free. I don't care how much I spent on her, and if I did, I wouldn't have bought Her!

/end rant

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Not just neighbors. My own daughter was annoyed that I had paid so much for my bulldogs. She said, "you've could of gone to the shelter to get a dog for free!" She rants to her co-workers about it and her friends said, "Your mom has bulldogs...THAT IS SOOOOO COOL! ​Well after that she was bringing her friends over to see the cute and cool bulldog puppies.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
As a very dear friend once put it -

"People are Stupid" or his other quote "I hate the general public"

gimme a bully over a person 99% of the time :lmao:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just chalk it up to ignorance..... Maybe it's time to educate!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]..I had to walk away. I would never presume to tell anyone that they made a wrong decision with their pet because it could possibly have been beneficial to me.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..when she told me that, I told her if you want one I can direct you to her breeder. She then tells me "yeah but you paid a lot for her, I would never pay anything like that for a dog.". Ignorant *** people. You pay for a quality dog and do your best to avoid health problems. She is also not "just a dog", she is family and one of my children.

That's the point when I love to say........"The cheapest part about owning a bulldog is the initial purchase price. If you think it's expensive to buy one, then there is NO WAY you'll be able to keep up with the health/vet bills."

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
As a very dear friend once put it -

"People are Stupid" or his other quote "I hate the general public"

gimme a bully over a person 99% of the time :lmao:

Hear! Hear!

I wish stupidity were painful. I really do. I mean... I REALLY do.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.