Meet Aubie Shug..

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
After Aubrey's death, we investigated her warranty. Even though it wasn't positive it was congenital and it was right over one year since we'd had her, they honored her warranty and we were able to come home yesterday with Aubie Shug... Auburn University themed name (war eagle!)... Aubie courtesy of Brandon (the Auburn mascot), and Shug from me - my little sugar/"shug". I told him he could name her Aubie if he wanted (since that's what he had wanted to name Aubrey), but I wanted Shug because it could keep with his Auburn theme (key eye roll) and she's going to be my little sugar bear anyway.

aubie1.jpgAubie2.jpgAubie3.jpgAubie4.jpgAubie5.jpg

She's doing good after her first full day. The biting is driving me nuts, lol!

Honestly, this is harder for me than it is him it seems. I drove home today in tears because it hit me that Friday was Aubrey's day of the week to go to work with me and she wasn't there... Right now I feel like I'm just holding back because she makes me think of Aubrey so much. Shug is helping him heal, and I hope she will help me eventually too. It's hard, but I am glad we have her; I know she will grow on me fast... she's a bully after all!

I am scared I am going to freak anytime she gets sick. Any advice on how to handle that would be appreciated.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh God Bless you. Time honey, and soon you will grieve less and enjoy more, and then one day you'll feel guilty because you are enjoying Shug so much. Let her love take over. Aubrey would want you too. :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
She is adorable .. and is in your life for a reason. Stop thinking and just enjoy, because as you know sometimes life can be too short. So take all the love she gives you and rejoice in it.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What a sweetheart:heart: Congrats! I have no advice for you though, I would love get some... I nearly freak out when Usko is not feeling well, but I manage to function anyway for his benefit.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh! She's a complete doll. I love her already. I get it about holding back. It took me 2 weeks before I could let myself love BabyGirl after my Snowflake passed. Well I'm sure you can see how much I adore BabyGirl now and I keep Snowflakes picture on my desk and remember her with love.:heart:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If , or when she gets sick. You need to be her rock and make her comfortably so she can hold on to the good health. A nervous mom is sending nervous messages . The nervous dog gets, stressed immunity. So begin's the vicious circle.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
She is just beautiful! Congrats! We got Annabella 8 days after Cass passed away. I don't think you ever get over being super vigilant . They never replace the ones we've lost, but they do help to ease the pain :heart:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
oh God Bless you. Time honey, and soon you will grieve less and enjoy more, and then one day you'll feel guilty because you are enjoying Shug so much. Let her love take over. Aubrey would want you too. :hug:

What she said. :heart:

This sweet darling is going to help you heal in ways you have not yet realized. Sweet Shug is a doll baby and you are lucky Pawrents to have her.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
She is beautiful...I bet Aubrey is smiling down on you guys from the Bridge. Hugs to you

A

Alaskasmom1

Your new baby is precious. I've followed your story since you first posted. Things will be better in time. God Bless!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aww! Aubie's a beaut! You're breeder sounds wonderful!

Sweet Aubrey is irreplaceable and I know she's smiling down at you, and giving you a nudge to put all your heart into spoiling her new baby sister. :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a pretty girl, jus tbe patient with her, the biting will soon be over. She won't replace Aubrey but she will find a place in your heart.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
She is absolutely adorable! What a cutie! I am so happy for you and I bet Aubrey is smiling down and happy that you can show another sweet baby the love you showed her. :) If she gets sick I think the best thing to do is to remain positive. I know it sounds dumb, but I fully believe it rubs off on those around you...including your bully!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.