Preparing for a new puppy

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi all, so we are picking up our new puppy Seamus in just a little over a month. Since we are going to be gone for the 4th of July I am trying to motivate my husband to go shopping for what we will need before we leave.

I was wondering what size leash and collar I should get for when we pick him up. We live in an apartment building so we will need to have his ID tags, collar and leash for when we pick him up. Also what size harness do you suggest getting for a puppy? He will be just shy of 12 weeks old when we pick him up and our breeder said he will be around 10 lbs. Lastly, what information should we definitely include on the ID tags? He will be microchipped when we pick him up.

Any other suggestions as to what we should buy before we pick him up would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:jumping: how exciting! Jake got his first collar as a coming home gift..so I don't remember the size! You can measure to be sure..and remember..it's best to use a harness..but you do want them to get used to a collar and leash. It takes almost two years for their chests to finish growing..so just know you will need more than one harness! Jake has tags on his ollar, evn tho he is chipped. On the ID tags..we put our cell and home numbers...the less info..the bigger the writing is for people to read! Good Luck..can't wit to meet him!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So excited for you and your new pup and looking forward for the pics.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Jakeisgreat has the answers but very excited for your new pup!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I took Abby into Petco with me to buy her first collar. I think I've taken her there for all of her collars. That way you can try it on him and you're sure to get the right size.

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi all ... thank you for the advice. I am going to ask our breeder if she can suggest a size collar and leash to get for when we pick him up. We have to drive 3.5 hours to pick him up and then back home so we probably won't be stopping at Petco or anywhere on the way home. I want to have something that will fit him so we can safely bring him into our apartment complex and take him out for the bathroom. I definitely will be using a harness and not a collar but will need the collar on when he is not in the apartment to have his ID tags on him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online