What the &$@!

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
So I'm sitting on the couch and I look over and my 14 week old baby girl hemi is "humping" her stuffed animal.... What the H!?$, isn't it to early for this...?

OP
A

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
What should I do? Make her stop? Let her do her thing? Man o man.... I thought raising my daughter was tough,

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson was humping when he was only 10 weeks old. It looked so funny because he was a fat round puppy trying to bend his body that way:lol:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
lol. Welcome to bully parenthood!

You can ask her to stop. I'm thinking she's starting to show her alpha side.

How's her congestion doing? Hope she's feeling better since yesterday.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bruce is laughing cause he is happy we aren't the only ones with a girl who humps. HRH does this only when she is really excited. Usually when I've been playing with her. She loves it when I waller her when I first get home from work at night, often she will get so excited she will try to hump me, but occasionally if Bruce plays rough with her she will hump him too.

I really don't think it's so much a dominance thing as a reaction to pure bliss.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Scrimps has always done this when they are all playing, usually on the head, purely dominance in this instance. If it's not on your menu, tell her no. That's the first word she should learn anyhow.

I tell Scrimps no, every time she does it. :laugh:

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
This brought back one time Kain did that.. We corrected him swiftly and the phase passed, needless to say I can't hardly remember that being as issue.
We got him fixed at 6 month's so i'm hoping that is something we don't have to deal with.

He's just a big cuddle bug so when I talk he listens <lol>.

Hopefully a little corrective action is all you need.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ahh memories. Dozer did this every night before bed from the time he was 9 weeks old. He even had a favorite toy to do it to. It was a baby blanket soft, elephant pillow pet for dogs. It squeaked every time Dozer "used" it. We tried to stop him but eventually gave up and started affectionately calling the elephant "Humpy" . Oh and let me tell you he would cry like a baby if he didn't have Humpy at bed time... silly dog. Thankfully he never did transfer this behavior to humans.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I really don't think it's so much a dominance thing as a reaction to pure bliss.

Come to think of it, you're right. Punkin humps when he's excited. For example, he humps Stig whenever they play, it's funny when he does it on Stigs' side. :D He also humps when he notices Stig's in the playful state and really happy, like when he's playing with his jolly egg.

OP
A

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Some of you guys are to much! Lmao...

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
If Nigel has a large plush he'll hump it. I got Karly fixed and she humps Nigel!!!! I can't get her to stop either and Nigel just lets her lol.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My pup also would hump from the time we got him at 8 weeks, but only when excited. I too, thought this is way too young for this behavior. I think my Internet search on this subject is what brought me to EBN. :) My results was that this action is just part of their doggie nature, not dominance, just a reaction when over excited. Every time he started this behavior, I sternly told him no, removed the "object" of his excitement and playtime stopped. After several weeks of repeating the same discipline every time he humped, he finally understood that this action was not acceptable. This action is no longer an issue and hasn't been for over a month now. He will be 6 months old next week. Just be consistent with what behavior you will and will not accept and your baby will soon learn and want to please. Enjoy your baby, time goes by too fast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4325]Corlando465[/MENTION] - great post.

Bo did this to Bea yesterday for the first time in a VERY long time --- it's an excitement issue. I was on the phone and so I didn't see the BEGINNING of the behavior (over excitement) so I didn't stop it before it got to the hump-fest.

It's probably a natural thing for a pack of dogs in the wild or something --- but not in human company in a modern world. Folks frown on that. I'd correct the behavior and direct this energy toward something else. Getting in front of over excitement is the best course of action for the long term.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma is worse than both Wilson and Jack were. She's 6 months old now and started humping them both pretty much as soon as we brought her home. :confused: :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.