2 More Days!!! Can't Wait Any Longer!!! - THIS is my shopping list

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
ARGH, I have 2 more days to go until I get to pick up BREMBO. :cursing: He turned 13wks today and I couldn't be more excited to get him.

Pretty sure I am going mad, so I decided to post my shopping list to help me relieve some tension.

I think I may have over-prepared in my determination to make sure I have gotten everything. Here's a list of the items I have picked up: (note that all items were found based on searching through discussions on this forum :nonono:)

Eating

• Fromm Beef Frittata
  • Eukanuba Puppy (currently eating, have to wane him off)
  • Canidae Snap Bit Treats
  • Nature's Variety Biscuits (Lamb, Carrot, Mint)
  • Nature's Variety Biscuits (Rabbit, Apple, Ginger)
  • Small deer antler (they're expensive!)
  • Grizzly Salmon Oil
  • 2 Stainless dog bowls

Sleeping

• Orvis Medium Crate (gift)
  • Orvis Medium Wood Crate Frame (gift)
  • 2, 8-panel indoor x-pens
  • Fatboy Lime Green medium sized dog bed

Obedience/Training

• Custom Leather Collar and Leash
  • Clicker
  • Poochie Bell
  • Signed Up for Puppy Classes
  • Puppy Pads

Grooming

• KONG ZoomGroom
  • Caroline's Oatmeal and Aloe Shampoo
  • Carolines Blueberry/Vanilla facial scrub
  • Derma-Pet Ear Skin Cleanser
  • MalAcetic Wet Wipes
  • 648 Huggies Wipes
  • MalAcetic Oil

Health:

• Trupanion Pet Insurace
  • Made Vet appointment

Books:

• How To Raise Perfect Dog - Cesar Milan
  • Culture Clash - Jean Donaldson
  • Before and After Getting Puppy - Ian Dunbar

TOYS!

• DuraDoggie Fetch Toy/Outdoor Bowl
  • WestPaw Tough Toy
  • WestPaw Zogoflex
  • KONG Biscuit Ball
  • KONG Extreme Toy
  • KONG Regular Toy
  • KONG Extreme Goodie Bone
  • 3 Nylabones
  • 1 Nylabone Dinousar
  • Tuffy's Ultimate Ring
I THINK that covers it! :hahaha:
Do not attempt to total what I've spent... I will probably faint. Thanks to Amazon, PetFlow, Caroline's Pet Pantry, and others!!

I know you guys are crazy (like me), so did any of you have similar shopping lists before you got your dog?
BY THE WAY -- This list is a result of being on THIS website. I would never have bought 1/4 of this stuff if I never found you all!!

Here's Brembo:
brembo4-cropped.jpg

Saturday evening cannot come soon enough!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would say you got everything. LMFAO When we first got Cutty we stopped by petco on our way home and spoiled him there. I would have way overspent back then had there been an ebn back then. lmao.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh,oh, don't forget nail trimmers

he's a lucky dog, Good Bully mom

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Holy cow!! That's some list! I can't say I was that prepared when I got bubba! Gonna be a happy pup!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think you are pretty prepared, and he is a very cute boy.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
holy list!!! i just stopped by petsmart on the way home and bought stuff....then slowly bought over time...with collars and such i had to wait to buy one to see what size to get....toys we bought a few to see what he would like then slowly added as we learned his likes and dislikes...titan loves the ball you put treats in and will play with it all day...jameson hates that ball but loves laser lights...titan hates lights. i bought a dog beg and jameson immediately peed all over it then pulled the stuffing out and shredded it....hahahaha...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Looks like you're about ready! Lucky you and lucky Brembo too!

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
LOL thanks for the feedback everyone! ...and the tip regarding nail clippers!

Like I said, this is all YOUR collective fault =).

BTW, I am a Bully DAD, not mom :lmao:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh sure,,,, blame it on us!!!! Our list wasn't nearly that long but that was before we knew about EBN.. LOL This is an amazing bulldog website, not another comes close in knowledge or friendliness. I'm glad you found us even if it was costly to you. ;)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Like I said, this is all YOUR collective fault =).

BTW, I am a Bully DAD, not mom :lmao:

Well DAD!! That was a pretty rude thing to say. But you can make it up to us by posting pictures. Lots and Lots of Pictures :D

I'm kidding by the way... about the rudeness! not the pictures lol I love your list. Wish I'd had half that stuff when I brought Abby home (and I thought I was prepared! :eek:)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yeah we had no EBN, so all of ours was trial and error. Which when you break it down ....was way more expensive. At least you can be assured that you're getting the best stuff the first time around. Also instead of using all those treats, you can simply feed him frozen green beans. Oh and a kiddie pool. You'll want to get 1 of those. Congratulations!!!!

~Disclaimer~
Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk. I'm probably crouched down in a corner at work trying to send this post via dictation software. I shall not be held responsible for any misspellings, incorrect punctuation, and most importantly ..... incorrect translations!!

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Wow! That's quite the list!

I would however add that you'll need a harness. Bulldogs should be on a leash and harness, NOT a collar. On account of being brachycephalic, collars can be quite dangerous for them.

Also, I'd nix the puppy pads. At 13 weeks he should be learning to go outside. Letting him go on pee pads in the house only serve to prolong house training. It confuses them by thinking they can relieve themselves in the house. It's ok for really young pups who can't yet go outside, but not for a puppy who is being house trained. Just my thoughts :)

Very excited for you to pick up your boy!!! Can't wait to see some pics of his homecoming!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online