Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 More Days!!! Can't Wait Any Longer!!! - THIS is my shopping list

I would just get the cheap plastic pools. Our pups go thru 1 every year. Vegas likes to empty the pool then run around the yard with it over his head. *sigh* I thought getting him the one with the slide would keep him entertained. Wrong. It just gave him more to work on before he destroyed the pool.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Very good bully daddy! Sounds like you have it covered mostly!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

All obedience classes will say no to harnesses..then I would get a different class. . Bulldogs should never be on a collar and a leash! Jake wears a collar for his ID..but I've never had a vet say a collar is ok!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTruck28 View Post
    Sounds like a great list and one lucky bully! Have fun! Tonka loves green beans and all fruits and veggies I have tried so far. My dad actually tried to give him a piece of chicken jerky that his own dogs (golden and border collie) eat ( bad grandpa!) and he wouldn't take it! But the broccoli he was all over! Also, my boyfriend LOVES the name Brembo! Probably because those are the type of brakes he has on his Subaru lol.

beware of ALL chicken jerky ....they are under a major food recall..my vet said to be safe..stay away fom all jerky treats! China crap....again...

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Re: 2 More Days!!! Can't Wait Any Longer!!! - THIS is my shopping list

Quote Originally Posted by ajwhitt44 View Post
    ARGH, I have 2 more days to go until I get to pick up BREMBO. He turned 13wks today and I couldn't be more excited to get him.

Pretty sure I am going mad, so I decided to post my shopping list to help me relieve some tension.

I think I may have over-prepared in my determination to make sure I have gotten everything. Here's a list of the items I have picked up: (note that all items were found based on searching through discussions on this forum )

Eating

• Fromm Beef Frittata
    • Eukanuba Puppy (currently eating, have to wane him off)
    • Canidae Snap Bit Treats
    • Nature's Variety Biscuits (Lamb, Carrot, Mint)
    • Nature's Variety Biscuits (Rabbit, Apple, Ginger)
    • Small deer antler (they're expensive!)
    • Grizzly Salmon Oil
    • 2 Stainless dog bowls

Sleeping

• Orvis Medium Crate (gift)
    • Orvis Medium Wood Crate Frame (gift)
    • 2, 8-panel indoor x-pens
    • Fatboy Lime Green medium sized dog bed

Obedience/Training

• Custom Leather Collar and Leash
    • Clicker
    • Poochie Bell
    • Signed Up for Puppy Classes
    • Puppy Pads

Grooming

• KONG ZoomGroom
    • Caroline's Oatmeal and Aloe Shampoo
    • Carolines Blueberry/Vanilla facial scrub
    • Derma-Pet Ear Skin Cleanser
    • MalAcetic Wet Wipes
    • 648 Huggies Wipes
    • MalAcetic Oil

Health:

• Trupanion Pet Insurace
    • Made Vet appointment

Books:

• How To Raise Perfect Dog - Cesar Milan
    • Culture Clash - Jean Donaldson
    • Before and After Getting Puppy - Ian Dunbar

TOYS!

• DuraDoggie Fetch Toy/Outdoor Bowl
    • WestPaw Tough Toy
    • WestPaw Zogoflex
    • KONG Biscuit Ball
    • KONG Extreme Toy
    • KONG Regular Toy
    • KONG Extreme Goodie Bone
    • 3 Nylabones
    • 1 Nylabone Dinousar
    • Tuffy's Ultimate Ring
    I THINK that covers it! :hahaha:
    Do not attempt to total what I've spent... I will probably faint. Thanks to Amazon, PetFlow, Caroline's Pet Pantry, and others!!

I know you guys are crazy (like me), so did any of you have similar shopping lists before you got your dog?
    BY THE WAY -- This list is a result of being on THIS website. I would never have bought 1/4 of this stuff if I never found you all!!

Here's Brembo:

Saturday evening cannot come soon enough!!!
    That has to be the most impressive prep of readiness I've seen since myself.... Nail clippers and a dremmal are the only things I can see that you need. He's him started off right with his nails. How about some cottonballs for his ears and some Witch Hazel. Brembo is one LUCKY boy!!! Congratulations!!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

@ajwhitt44 I got my xpen from drsfostersmith.com. Its actually two of the 4-panel ones put together. They sell it in an 8panel there but I believe its taller-I wanted something I could easily step over.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I know the feeling, how exciting

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    oh,oh, don't forget nail trimmers

he's a lucky dog, Good Bully mom
    Nah. Forget them. It's much funner to go to the beauty shop for a mani-pedi! Stress free!

*elbows Sherry* I know. I'm a lazy bad mama. ha ha ha

I love your list. Are you a Virgo @ajwhitt44 ? I think we're related. ha ha

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

How many more days now?????

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

#1 thing to add to list!!!

Don't forget to grab the camera before heading to the breeders!!!!

ImAGuinneyPig

Quote Originally Posted by ajwhitt44 View Post
    You know it's funny that you mentioned the harness. My breeder was indifferent, the obedience class recommended against it, some vets were for it, some against --- it seems like everyone has an opinion and it revolves around bullies having delicate and small trachea. I really want to start with the collar, but if I notice any type of excitability or aggressiveness that causes him to pull, I'll use a harness until I'm able to correct the behavior further.

Also regarding the puppy pads... Is it typical for people to stop using them around 13wks. I thought it would be good to have at least for the first week, as that's when the accidents would be most likely to happen. Note that I wouldn't put the puppy pad out unless I had to leave the puppy in the pen for an extended amount of time, which won't happen.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the comments and suggestions!!!!

Not only is the danger to their breathing, but due to the flatness of their face/front of their skull, their eyes can actually pop out of their head because of it's "shallowness".
    Our obedience trainer had one of his students who owns a Pug, and kept using a collar despite our trainer's advice otherwise. That owner ended up bringing that Pug into the e-vet holding his dog's eyeball in his hand.
    Now of course this is not or does not happen to every brachycephalic dog. But the danger is there. I just personally don't understand why people take the risk. But again, just me personally I would not use a collar.

As for the pee pads, we did not even get them. We started house training the day we brought her home. Yes, there was some accidents in the house. And your little boy will have accidents too But giving him somewhere in the house that is "ok" to relieve himself just contradicts house training. Again, this is from my experience and my opinion.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I have to disagree with ImAGuinneyPig about the use of a collar. When a bulldog has a normal bullie trachea, with no problems (he/she is never going to have one like a husky), it's OK to use a collar and TRAIN the dog not to pull. Harnesses are for pulling. Not all brachycephalic dog have that problem with the eyes popping out. We have always used a wide 1,8 inch collar with no problems. It's different is the bullie has some issues with trachea, but not all of them have that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads