Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I redid the home page for English Bulldog News, and it is a bit smaller, and has all the POTM winners and runners up. Should also be a faster loading time.

Do you like it? Or should I have left it alone?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, as a matter of fact there is. The what's new tab is based upon you, the user, and therefore has a web address that corresponds with each individual user's ID. It is coded to work on the software navtab by default, so I have NO IDEA how it is done. Same with 'new posts' button, 'my threads', 'my posts', 'my profile', 'my messages', 'settings', you get the picture I think. Anything that is 'yours' cannot have a created link. Good to know, eh?

This is why I love the community news page. Works great as well :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Was I too techy?? Sowwwy...you know how I get sometimes!

Link is the website address. What is seen in the address bar. Like the community news page is http://englishbulldognews.com/forums/community.php

What's new has your user number in the address for each user, I think. So therefore I cannot put a webpage link to anything that belongs to you.

Your what's new is different than any other user, because it shows what's new for you :)

:D. Hope I am clearer this time lolololol

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
So, in layman terms....If you were to put one address up, everyone would be driving to the same house. So, how it happens.....my address takes me home, your address take you to your home in AZ, and Tessa's takes her to Cali. Now, inside each home is a "honey do" list. Now depending on the last time the list was picked up, decides what is on the top. So, say if the lawn still needs to be mowed, it will remain at the top until it's mowed. Once it's mowed, it will move down the list. Now, if you were to have the same list as me, it wouldn't make sense. Cause you live in AZ and don't have grass to mow.....Right?

Last edited:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
So, in layman terms....If you were to put one address up, everyone would be driving to the same house. So, how it happens.....my address takes me home, your address take you to your home in AZ, and Tessa's takes her to Cali. Now, inside each home is a "honey do" list. Now depending on the last time the list was picked up, decides what is on the top. So, say if the law still needs to be mowed, it will remain at the top until it's mowed. Once it's mowed, it will move down the list. Now, if you were to have the same list as me, it wouldn't make sense. Cause you live in AZ and don't have grass to mow.....Right?

LOL classic explanation :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I like the new look, and you're right it does load a lot quicker. :)

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
So, in layman terms....If you were to put one address up, everyone would be driving to the same house. So, how it happens.....my address takes me home, your address take you to your home in AZ, and Tessa's takes her to Cali. Now, inside each home is a "honey do" list. Now depending on the last time the list was picked up, decides what is on the top. So, say if the lawn still needs to be mowed, it will remain at the top until it's mowed. Once it's mowed, it will move down the list. Now, if you were to have the same list as me, it wouldn't make sense. Cause you live in AZ and don't have grass to mow.....Right?

Now.. I keep getting ads showing Royal Caribbean Cruise lines..and I was thinking - "Is someone trying to put salt in the wound because I just got off that cruise and am back to real life" LOL!!! I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it's very funny! :) I like the new layout.. nice job!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think google has 'cookies' that track what you look at. So if you been looking at cruises- google knows it. So then google advertisements will load that attract you in particular! LOL

Kinda creepy tho...

And Libra, yes, that is exactly how it works. Here is another laymen's term: It's like I am giving directions to my house, but you are going to your house. So the directions don't work. LOL ;)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I love the new home page. and I never knew that about google and the ads. That is very interesting. I will have to pay attention and see what has been "searched" especially since my 17 yo uses this computer!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.