Thread: Do your bullys do this?

Bulldog(s) Names
    n/a
    Likes (Received)

Default Do your bullys do this?

Roxy was here for a visit(my grandparents pit/bulldog mix) and she was out playing with my labs. I turn on the hose for my black lab to play in and Roxy comes out of NO WHERE and starts "attacking" the water,lol. I mean full force jumping up and biting at the water. then I was spraying it in-front of her and she was chasing it like a cat,lol. When I turned off the hose she took it in her mouth and ran! She has been around my labs since she was 8 weeks till now, 6 months or 7 cant remember, and my mom said she is learning this from tank. Tank does the EXACT same thing. So does your bullys do it or is she learning from my dogs? She was also TERRIFIED of going into the lake 3 weekends ago then I took my dogs and she went right in after them(it is really shallow and she was on a leash till she learns how to swim). She kept going in and out with or without them after that.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Bullies are very smart and seem to catch on fast to what they see. I caught my pup standing on hind legs yesterday and trying to use his front paw to open the door. LOL. I do caution you about swimming and water with your bully. Labs are excellent swimmers as you know, but bullies swim like rocks! My vet explained that due to their short necks and short snout, they have to tilt their head up to breathe and that causes their butts to go downward so they just sink and drown. I've only had my pup for 4 months and I've already been personally told of two different accounts of bulldog drownings. Unfortunately, it happens way too often. Enjoy your summer with the pups!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do your bullys do this?

For some reason my dogs seem to learn things not to do from other dogs....monkey sees something naughty and monkey wants to do it too... but I can admit that's smart too... now if they could just learn the good behaviors just as easily I'd be all set.....lol

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    n/a
    Likes (Received)

Lol and corlando she took after the pit body(just short like an EB) she has the longer snout. She is also on leash and I go out in the water with her Thinks for the warning though. I will have to tell my mom since in a few years she wants to get an EB when her current dog passes and all of us kids move out,lol.

Here are two pics of her.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bea does a version of that....biting the water. "Swimming" (in 4 inches of water) is her favorite thing to do.

-p2050026-jpg <== doing that biting thing in a bucket of water. Fortunately, she doesn't do it in her dish (because I disagreed with that behavior a long time ago and thus, she doesn't do it)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Crumpet, Blossom, Tinkerbelle
    Likes (Received)

My bulldogs love water whether I am using the hose or in there kiddy pool they love it. -imageuploadedbytapatalk1338418327-020832-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have to find the viseo... but my two love/hate the hose and the water coming out of it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)

Einstein loves the hose. Or hates it? I think he likes to attack the water. And he loves his kiddy pool. There are some pretty fashionable life jackets out there. I suggest one of those just to be on the safe side! -imageuploadedbytapatalk1338615676-806739-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

One of mine goes insane over the hose/water shooting out and one doesnt seem to care...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

my Lola loves to play in any water too, she tries to carry the hose around when I'm filling her kiddie pool, and she tries to get in her water bowl! haha she likes to chew on shoes and clothes? anybody else have that problem?

Remove Ads