Do your bullys do this?

momtolabs

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
n/a
Roxy was here for a visit(my grandparents pit/bulldog mix) and she was out playing with my labs. I turn on the hose for my black lab to play in and Roxy comes out of NO WHERE and starts "attacking" the water,lol. I mean full force jumping up and biting at the water. then I was spraying it in-front of her and she was chasing it like a cat,lol. When I turned off the hose she took it in her mouth and ran! She has been around my labs since she was 8 weeks till now, 6 months or 7 cant remember, and my mom said she is learning this from tank. Tank does the EXACT same thing. So does your bullys do it or is she learning from my dogs? She was also TERRIFIED of going into the lake 3 weekends ago then I took my dogs and she went right in after them(it is really shallow and she was on a leash till she learns how to swim). She kept going in and out with or without them after that.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bullies are very smart and seem to catch on fast to what they see. I caught my pup standing on hind legs yesterday and trying to use his front paw to open the door. LOL. I do caution you about swimming and water with your bully. Labs are excellent swimmers as you know, but bullies swim like rocks! My vet explained that due to their short necks and short snout, they have to tilt their head up to breathe and that causes their butts to go downward so they just sink and drown. I've only had my pup for 4 months and I've already been personally told of two different accounts of bulldog drownings. Unfortunately, it happens way too often. Enjoy your summer with the pups!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
For some reason my dogs seem to learn things not to do from other dogs....monkey sees something naughty and monkey wants to do it too... but I can admit that's smart too... now if they could just learn the good behaviors just as easily I'd be all set.....lol

OP
M

momtolabs

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
n/a
Lol and corlando she took after the pit body(just short like an EB) she has the longer snout. She is also on leash and I go out in the water with her :) Thinks for the warning though. I will have to tell my mom since in a few years she wants to get an EB when her current dog passes and all of us kids move out,lol.

Here are two pics of her.
054-1.jpg

060-2.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea does a version of that....biting the water. "Swimming" (in 4 inches of water) is her favorite thing to do.

P2050026.jpg <== doing that biting thing in a bucket of water. Fortunately, she doesn't do it in her dish (because I disagreed with that behavior a long time ago and thus, she doesn't do it)

Twisted tails

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Crumpet, Blossom, Tinkerbelle
My bulldogs love water whether I am using the hose or in there kiddy pool they love it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338418327.020832.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have to find the viseo... but my two love/hate the hose and the water coming out of it.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Einstein loves the hose. Or hates it? I think he likes to attack the water. And he loves his kiddy pool. There are some pretty fashionable life jackets out there. I suggest one of those just to be on the safe side! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338615676.806739.jpg

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
One of mine goes insane over the hose/water shooting out and one doesnt seem to care...

TiffanyH

Apr 6, 2012
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
my Lola loves to play in any water too, she tries to carry the hose around when I'm filling her kiddie pool, and she tries to get in her water bowl! haha she likes to chew on shoes and clothes? anybody else have that problem?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.