Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The dremmel!!! LOVE IT love it love it!!!

Did I mention that I love it? :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Chip got the sanding heads for our dremmel, and I immediately went to work. Yuna's nails grow too fast and they have gotton really thick on top, and Mandy's were way to long when we got her, and 6 months of trimming has helped bring the quicks back, but not much.

So we did the dremmel- and it was not difficult at all, but definately a two person job. Mandy's nails look so fabulous- I want to paint them! They are smooth and not scratchy, like when you cut with regular clippers. I just absolutely recommend everyone go out and get one. THAT GOOD!!!

For someone who freaks out about not cutting enough off-- afraid I will cut the quick-- it was the perfect match. We got it to where we did hit the quick on a couple of mandys, but we could tell right away and they did not bleed but a smidge. Her quicks are so long- it is hard not to. But it worked! Now they are right there- so she will be able to work them back better on her own.... it is such a blessing for her.

I am very happy about this- can you tell?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Sounds like EXACTLY what I need!! Would you believe? This-afternoon I bought two different types of nail clippers, the ones with the little blade that slides up and down, and the ones that look more like a pair of pliers. I'm too chicken to actually try either one. Can you tell us what kind this is (brand) and where you got it? After so many people in another post saying how much trouble some of these are, I'd rather go get the right thing from the beginning.

Macksboss

Aug 23, 2010
We use a dremel for Mack as well. Picked ours up at Menards.

Do not get the nail grinder you can buy at Petco etc.. Batteries do not last in those at all!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The brand is Dremmel, so basically a Dremmel is a Dremmel. Wow, that don't happen often does it?

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Ooou! Im soo going to check on this! I'm excited! You got me sooo excited just reading your post Desert.. lol! We've been looking for a good nail clipper especially for Chelios. He's so rough with running around && sliding on floors that he broke his nail off the other day! :X

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think we got it at home depot... :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, it is actually a tool!!! It grinds, sands, even cuts metal. Basically, the whole pedipaws thing was based off of the dremmel- because that is what grooming salons use is a dremmel. But the pedipaws does not work and is loud, from what I have read up on it. The dremmel is not loud at all!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What about cost? Vegas and O freak at the sound of the others, it would be nice to have something quiet!

rikkiderr

Jul 21, 2010
Plano, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Trixie Wrinklebottom
We were just complaining about how the clippers with the upwards moving blade STINKS when we were trying to clip Trixie's nails. Can you give us some more info on exactly what you were using (model # etc)? Thanks!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The model is 7.2v 770 T2, I cannot remember what the price was cuz we got it a few years ago and it has just been sitting in the garage.... I should have tried it sooner!

I would guess it was about $30, and it came in a bag with several attachments

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is the one!!! Yep! We got some extra attachments, but found that the second one in from the left worked really great- so we did not need to buy these extra ones.

I guess it was more expensive than I thought..... but at least its on sale through amazon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.