I have a brand new LOVE in my life.....

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I love the Dremel, just be careful...and only use it in small intervals on the nail. It will get very hot on the nail while using and can burn the nail. Do a little on a nail and go to the next one....then come back and do some more on the previous nail, etc.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes, that is correct. You gotta kind of 'work it'. Tap, tap, tap. I used mine on the LOW setting- NOT the HI setting!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good for you!!! We bought one a while back also on amazon and I think it is the model just below this one (I was between 2 and this looks like the one I should have gotten maybe) Ours doesnt have a lot of power so we would have to use it on very short nails and keep it up all the time, which doesnt happen since ti does take 2 people and we dont think to try it when we are both home. :rolleyes:

HighDesertBulldogs

Mar 23, 2010
Northern California near the Oregon border
Bulldog(s) Names
Nitro, Sierra & Reina
I got mine at Wal Mart for around $40. It's the Dremel 7.2 V with a rechargeable battery and charger. Charge holds for a long time too. Mine had some attachments but no bag so I went over to the makeup dept. and picked up a little black makeup type bag for it for $5. and it works great. I really hesitated getting my Dremel for a long time but finally caved thinking I'd try it since I was tired of my Bulldogs long nails not being able to get them cut back as well as I'd like, plus I kept cutting into the quick which finally made try the Dremel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it too!!!! I roll my dogs over on their backs on the floor and do all their nails in a matter of a minute. It's AWESOME! I'll NEVER use clippers again! (except on tiny pups) I have two 4 mo. old pups that I've used the Dremel on since they were 8 wks. old and now they're learning to lay quietly on their backs while I do their nails. They get a real good body massage afterwards and love it! I thought my dogs wouldn't like the noise of the drill but was amazed how well they took to it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Mandy's nails look so fabulous- I want to paint them!

This just reminded me of something that happened a couple of weeks ago ... I came home from work to find that my teenage daughter had painted Maggie's nails purple and sky-blue! :eek:

I think Maggie actually liked it!! :cool:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooooh, no pictures??? Wanna see that!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's mostly rubbed off ... I'll tell Juliet (daughter) that Maggie is due another manicure. Hehehe .... :D

litlsuga007

Aug 7, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
A quick note about clipping the quick...lol. If you use white bar soap, it will stop the bleeding and it doesn't burn like the medicine one....that for the life of me I can't think of the name. We use just clippers as it is quick, that way we aren't holding LuLu from her trouble making.

084.jpg

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1006]litlsuga007[/MENTION]

OMG look at your LuLu, what an angel! <o

I have the bar soap ready. Not used it yet, but great to know. Do you push the nail in dry or do you wet the soap first? I clip the nails first- but like I said I am a chicken. Then I will use the dremmel to smooth out the rough edges and also to remove the 'excess' nail on top, especially on Yuna who seems to have incredibly thick nails above the quick.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yes Lulu is adorable!!!! I love the nail painting idea, if I only had girls. Yes we need pics! haha. My uncle has a dalmation that he uses to ride on his fire steam engine in parades and they do school events etc and she has red painted nails. LOVE HER! Just thought I would look for a link and sure enough here she is, so cute (even if not a bully)
http://www.fdnntv.com/news.asp_Q_ar..._Team_Preserves_American_Firefighting_History

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So smart and gorgeous!

litlsuga007

Aug 7, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
Just put a sliver of the soap on it. Or you can mix water and flour and make paste and put on, or dip in cornstarch or baking soda (but don't wipe blood off) it can be a little bit messy

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh wow.. you know how obsessed I have been with Chester's nails.. I just told my husband we have to go get one now, especially since I know it actually works!! At $20 a shot to take him to PetSmart for nail trimming - it should pay for itself in no time!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
yes Lulu is adorable!!!! I love the nail painting idea, if I only had girls. Yes we need pics! haha. My uncle has a dalmation that he uses to ride on his fire steam engine in parades and they do school events etc and she has red painted nails. LOVE HER! Just thought I would look for a link and sure enough here she is, so cute (even if not a bully)
http://www.fdnntv.com/news.asp_Q_ar..._Team_Preserves_American_Firefighting_History

That was so cool and Blaze is SOO cute!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.