Chasing Shadows... its getting obsessive.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Anybody else have a EB that is obsessed with chasing shadows? Molly started last week and hasn't stopped yet. It's worse at night when it gets dark... She'll stand in front of an inside wall and attack her own shadow. If somebody walks by she'll hop-n-attack their shadow until it vanishes, then she's back at the wall.

At first it was cute... but now our other dog seems to be laughing at her :p

Should we just let it go? will she out grow it (she's 7months old)? or should we work on some behavior correction?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Okay so Brutus was doing this a lot! So much that he actually chewed the sheet rock on the wall! :cursing: He would constantly do it only in one particular spot in our basement...This was going on for a while and we would correct him. We ended up moving the furniture so he couldnt get to the spot any longer! I have heard its OCD and also some dogs do it b.c they are bored! I asked our vet about it and they werent too concered but I agree its annoying! Is there a paerticular area that she goes to??

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I just came from Cesar Millans show (he was great) and one thing he said that they never grow out of any bad habits. Those habits usually only get worse without any intervention.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.